Toffee Crunch

Mulai dari awal

I raise my eyebrow curiously and shift around in my bed. My father places his bag of medicine on my night table, walking over to me. Both my parents sit at the end of my bed and stare at me.

"Your father and I have something we need to talk to you about," My mother says, folding her hands on her lap.

"What is it?"

My mother glances at my father before speaking, "We've been thinking that it's about time that you get a girlfriend."

What?! I stay silent.

"So, I talked with some of your friends' parents and set up a few possible girls for you to date," My father adds in a hopeful tone.

"Mr. Hyuga expresses many positive things about you, Naruto. He said that he'll be delighted if you were to wed his daughter, Hinata."

"Excuse me?" I try to hold back my increasing anger, "Wed? As in marriage?"

They both nod excitedly.

I release a sharp breath as I try to compose myself. I wish I could just tell them that I'm gay and then they'll just back off! First of all, to force a relationship on me is controlling on so many levels. I cannot believe that they've stopped this low!

If I lash out at them now, it'll tarnish their image of me and I'll become less trustworthy. But I refuse to be married off to someone unwilling! Especially Hinata, she's already in love with Kiba... and I'm not all that attracted to girls.

The only person I want to marry is Sasuke!

He always knows how to handle a situation. What would Sasuke say to avoid this?

"...Actually... I can't do that..." I tell them.

"Why?" My father questions.

"Um... I...I..." My sentence lags, "I...I'm actually already in a relationship..."

Oh dear, I hope they don't instigate.

My mother twirls her red hair in her fingers, "Really?"

I shake my head hesitantly.

She puts her hand to her mouth, "My my! That's fantastic!"

My father grins and pats me on the shoulder, "That's great, son. It's about time!"

I sigh in relief. They believed it! Thank goodness!

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" My mother beams, "What is she like?"

I wouldn't exactly call Sasuke a 'she'.

"Well... she has black hair... and she acts very cold but is actually really sweet..." I ramble on, flushing a bit.

"She sounds like the perfect girl for you!" My father chimes, "When can we meet her?"

They've already met... he was just here...

"I-I don't know... he- she might be too nervous to meet you formally," I say in a shaky voice. All this lying can't be good for me!