33: The Start of Something New

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh you're home. Thought you'd still be with Lauren at the hospital." He said looking at his daughter.

"You probably want her to die." Camila mumbled.

"Look I know I've been hard on you about Lauren. Ok? But Id never wish death upon someone else. Mija, I feel sorry for her. For you too. You guys lost the baby. She's on a thin line herself. It sucks. I get it. You still have three more months until they can remove the miscarried baby. I feel for you girls ok. I really do don't get me wrong. Which is why...I'm going to jail in a few weeks." He said under his breath.

"Wait what?" Camila asked looking at her dad.

"I lashed out and hit your little sister....then your mom. So I turned myself in for domestic violence. They gave me a few weeks before the come in and arrest me." He said softly.

"Dad I'm surprised but proud of you for taking responsibility and doing the write thing." Camila said looking into his eyes.

"Thank you Mija. Now go back to bed. You have to leave soon."

---
Camila sat in the waiting room with Taylor and Chris for a while.

"This is crazy...what if she dies?" Chris asked in a daze.

"Chris don't say that." Taylor said annoyed.

"It's just a thought. I can't loose my bestfriend. We fight at times but we have always been there for each other." Chris sighed pulling his hood over his eyes. Camila rubbed his arm sympathetically and sighed sitting back.

"Don't worry guys. She'll be fine." Camila reassured them. Clara and Michael walked out with Lauren's doctor by there side.

"There's going to be a few minutes before we get her down to the OR so you may all go see her before we take her down." He said before leaving us. The small group of them walked into the Room where Lauren was. She was prepped of surgery. A small black x in a few spots in her skin.

"I can't do this right now." Chris said and left the room, Michael and Taylor following after him. Clara and Camila stood alone looking at Lauren.

"Can you guys stop looking at me like I'm so type of zombie?" Lauren's hoarse voice sounded her eyes barely open from the anesthetic they had began giving her.

"We didn't know you where still up." Clara said softly.

"Well I'm trying to fight this crazy gas long enough to talk to you two so." Lauren smirked.

"We love you honey." Clara said softly.

"I love guys too." Lauren mumbled. Camila smiled sympathetically a tear running down her face. Lauren's tired hand reached up and wiped the tear away. "Don't cry baby. Please don't." Lauren said looking into Camila's light brown eyes.

"It's hard Laur." Camila sighed looking down at her.

"I know. I know. Come..." Lauren waved her into her weak embrace. Camila kissed her lips softly.

"Love you." Camila mumbled.

---

The whole gang was waiting around with Camila and Lauren's family. The tension was rising as hours upon hours passed with Lauren behind doors. A nurse would come tell them the amount of hours left until everything was done. The four girls sat huddled in a small circle talking about random things and trying to get their minds off Lauren at the moment. A few of Lauren's guy friends where hanging out with Chris, while Taylor sat with her parents. Camila glanced at Taylor waving her over but the girl denied several times.

"I wonder what's up with Taylor?" The brunette voiced to her friends.

"Her and Lauren aren't really close." Dinah said looking at them. "That's it.'

"Oh."

Hours started to feel like days. Finally Lauren's doctor joined them.

"It's done. Five months to a year of hospitalized recovery then a full year of giving her heart a break. Lauren will be well enough to play soccer in college on scholarships and all, but just after this year. A few things did go wrong during the surgery but we fixed them up. Lauren is going to have to have all the support she can during this time so she won't feel as though she is alone. Right now she is being moved down to her room for the night. I do ask only two at a time visit her and only the immediate family stay tonight." He said looking at all of them

"This is great...she made it." Chris said looking at everyone. Camila grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze. They all made their way to the new waiting area.

---

Camila and Chris sat in the room with Lauren who was sound asleep.

"You're a strong one Lauren." Chris mumbled looking at his sister.

"Chris you're strong too...for being there for Lauren through all of this. You are a great brother." Camila smiled at him. He smiled back and turned his attention back to his sister.

"You're going to be out of this hospital before the five month stretch. Trust me." Chris smiled looking at his sister.

"What he said." Camila agreed. A knock on the door sounded and Michael peeped his head in.

"Dinah wants to see her."

"I'll go...and Camila...thank you." Chris smiled getting up and leaving. Camila smiled as he left before getting up to kiss Lauren on the forehead. Dinah walked into the room shortly and looked at Lauren.

"When you get out of this I'm going to beat your ass for waiting so long for everything. I'm just glad you're ok." Dinah smiled softly.

The time went on as people visited Lauren all the way up until visiting hour's closed. Chris took Camila back to their house and the brunette and the boy watched a movie together on the couch. They unintentionally fell asleep in each others hold. Camila would often tighten her grip same as Chris. They slept through the whole night like that.

---

Camila woke up with a blanket on her and the smell of food hitting her nose. She walked into the kitchen where Chris sat fixing breakfast for them. Them being Taylor Camila and himself.

"If you got me up I could have helped." Camila said looking at the boy.

"No no, I didn't want to wake you, just heads up we cuddled last night, I just happened." He said fixing the plates.

"That's fine, its no big deal." Camila said waving it off with her hand. She walked over to get her plate and Chris turned into her. He caught her by her arms and nervously laughed.

"Sorry..." He apologized looking at her eyes. His dark green ones flickered to her lips. I shouldn't she's my sisters girlfriend... He thought to himself.

"Do it..." Camila said softly. She nodded and licked her lips.

"I..." Chris stuttered looking at her.

"You're right, sorry I shouldn't have said that." Camila said stepping out his embrace.

"I mean I can if you want me to." Chris said looking around.

"I think I'm going to eat now. Lets not speak of this?" Camila asked softly.

"Sure...yeah gotcha." Chris watched Camila walk out the kitchen. "Holy shit..."

---

Comment, sorry this chapter is shitty, but whatever. :*

FEEDBACK BISHES!