After I was done cleaning and putting all the equipment in its original place, I walked home. Despite my effort to do it as quick as possible,  I still finished doing it at half past three. I wanted to be home by three PM. But still it is impossible because I did it all myself.

Because it was getting late, I took a shortcut through the deserted alley. If I go home through a big main road it could take at least thirty minutes by foot. And that was my biggest mistake.

I walked down the road, there is barely a house here. For some reason, my nape hair stood up. Sure enough, there were three people walking not far behind me. I speed up my steps, yet they also sped up theirs. They were following me!

I ran, so did they. Until someone grabbed my backpack roughly from behind, stopping me in an instance. He kept pulling my backpack, I quickly disengaged both of my upper arms from it and let my backpack go. It caused the person to fall and I ran as fast as possible without looking back.

After a moment, my shoulders were pulled roughly, that person then wrapped his arms and tightened it around my stomach from behind my back. He locked my body and lifted it. I tried to struggle against my attacker, but it was useless because there was one more person who covered my nose and mouth with a handkerchief until I lost consciousness.

-

I woke up to faint, indistinct voices. I tried to open my eyes but my head was a bit dizzy. The whole room was very dim, and there was this strong smell. My lips are plastered, my arms and legs skins are aching. I just realized that my legs and arms are tied. The voices were gradually getting clearer with each passing minutes.

"You see this? She's a fucking Morelli!" said the bald man, the one who drugged me earlier. He swung the necklace that I wore in front of his friend's face.

"You sure it's authentic? What if it's some kind of knock off shit?" protested his skinny tall friend. 

"This can't be fake. I've seen the original. All Morelli descendants have diamonds like this," replied the baldie.

 "But doesn't the Chairman only have six grandsons? Is this the granddaughter from his second child?" now the fat guy who had been busy eating earlier joined the conversation. "But that's not possible either. As far as I know, his second child is not married and cannot have offspring. Rumour said he's impotent." Upon hearing this, they all bursted out laughing.

What the hell are they talking about?

"I heard he has retired from his position as Don. All positions he held has been given to his first grandson," the skinny tall man exclaimed.

"First-born grandson ... you mean the Angel of Death? Shit, I got goosebumbs by just mentioning his nickname," the fat man rubbed his arms and added, "he's a lot more ruthless than his grandfather."

"Is the rumour true? About the last grandchild, the only one granddaughter in the family," the skinny man looked up at me, followed by two of his friends.

"Are your eyes blind or what?! There's no way this ugly child is his granddaughter, her face doesn't even resemble any of the family members!" I really wanted to rip his mouth.

"You're right," the skinny man agreed. 

"But she has this necklace, she is clearly his granddaughter. This necklace is not something you can get easily on the street. This jewelry is customized, you can see his surname written inside its pendant. If the rumour is true, then we get a big catch here." The bald man was delighted with all his delusions.

"We can blackmail them and get everything we want. You all know their nature; they will do anything for this kid. We could get rich!" the skinny men cheered.