5. HIM

A/N : '*' means flashback. 

Happy Reading!

[Okay ma, please take care. When will u come home?]

Delivered 10:15

Today's Saturday. Mama hasn't come home till today. Does all of this have something to do with the medicine I found in mama's closet? bearing this in mind I immediately moved and opened the closet. Not even one pack. It might have been given to someone who really needed it. What kind of person needs that?

Is it related with the delivery she talked about on the phone?

[Today]

[Where r u? Why aren't you home yet? Why didn't you pick up my call?]

Delivered 11:45

Ma... what exactly are you involved in? are you okay? why don't you read my text or call me back?

-

"Coming together for a watch party like this, It reminds me of him. We used to do it at his house."

Upon hearing this, my focus was immediately diverted entirely to Mel. Currently, we were binge watching full episodes of A World of Married Couple in her room. It was such a good Korean drama; it drained the anger of my body and soul.

"What do you think he is doing now?"

There were the three of us. But he left us without a word. I also didn't have the guts to admit that maybe his departure was caused by me.

*

"Al, don't forget it's your group's turn to clean the class, okay?"

The voice of captain of the class, Fadil, disrupted my preoccupation who was busy doodling on a used paper. At that time, I was still in fifth grade in elementary school. Other students was packing their books to go home. Unfortunately, today was my schedule to clean the class together with five other people.

If I weren't in the same group as they were in, maybe it wouldn't be this hard. I was in the same team as Yasmin, the princess of this elementary school. And because she is a princess, it was obvious she doesn't want to do things like this.

"You know that I have group project today, so I have to go. I'm sorry." Lie. Clearly to this day no teacher has yet given any group assignments. If you want to lie, please make it a little bit believable.

"And after that, I have piano lesson. If you don't believe me, you can ask your mother," she said flatly in a very demeaning tone. She always said it as her greatest weapon, to avoid any confrontation from me. She needed to remind me that our castes are very different from each other just because mama worked at her house as maid.

And she knew it well how to take full advantage of it, because there was no way I would let mama get fired for such an insignificant thing.

"Please be careful. Don't get home too late, after you done cleaning, go home immediately," she said, acting so innocent before closing the door of her car and left the school. I was left alone to clean this vast class. This job should not take a long time because this task was not only assigned to one person, but rather to a team.

But ironically, they have already been picked up by their respective drivers. I was the only one left. Having that privilege ... is good, isn't it?

I rushed to get cleaning equipment. The sooner I get this done, the sooner I get to go home, I didn't want to be here until late afternoon. Lately there have been a lot of kidnappings and murders around here. I didn't want to linger here any longer.