Chapter 8

3  days later

Today is the day we are leaving and oh boy if I was overpowered before then I am still the same amount of overpowered now. But sokka and katara are much more capable minions- I mean much more capable allies.

Sokka has become a bit stronger but the main focus was on his technique which had greatly improved To the point that he was able to beat most of the kyoshi warriors except sukki(who is the leader). His boomerang was also very unorthodox and hard to counter especially the first time.

Katara hadn't really takes much hand to hand training cause she was first and foremost a bender. I mostly focused on spiritual teachings and trying to emulate the water and how it would work. Of course I wasn't completely copying water but adding my own movements and seeing how each affected my bending.

Katara was doing the exact same thing but her moves were more flowing and a bit more advanced because she was concentrating speficslly on water bending and nothing else. While here I was focusing on hand to hand combat, spiritual movements, air bending and water bending. I applied my water bending training to air bending but it didn't work as well so I just stuck to what I could emulate from appa and a few of my own bending skills.

Of course I was the best in hand to hand combat. I was at first, only bested by sukki but within a few days I could easily defeat her. It was almost like instinct or muscle memory but aang had never learned hand to hand combat and this body didn't have any muscle memory of training so this instinct would come from my previous life which I don't remember much about.

Even after beating sukki on the 3rd day I still kept on training. The air chi had become a bit denser and water chi was also a bit denser but these changes happen through years of effort not a week of unfocused practice. Still any advantage is a small advantage. I could now barely bend, mist, cloud and waves.

But I was lacking one thing, no matter how many moves I made, however strong I got, however forms of bending I used. Battle experience. I may have instinct but that is what it is. Instinct. Not experience. Even the spars with the kyoshi were not that intense and I quickly out grew them.

That is why I waited for zuko. A few alarms went out and all the people immediately evacuated. I looked towards sukki and said " Sokka, katara  and me may have endangered you all by staying here. And you are an ally of ours, we won't let you be attacked. At least not without an effort. Katara and sokka help the warriors. I am taking the leader"

Sokka was in front of the town and was going in for an ambush with hand to hand combat. Katara was going for long range support and attack. She hadn't discovered her talent for healing yet but since I was just behind her in bending, which kept her on her toes without incurring the jealousy she had in the show.

On the horizon a group of 4 soldiers immersed riding on an weird mount. They were moving at a walking pace and totaled to around 20 without counting the mounts. They were just walking when one squad was Thrown onto the ground by a masked boy who wielded a boomerang, he tripped the mount and had capitalized that moment to knock them out.

Before they could even try and attack the boy, they were hit by a bunch of kyoshi warriors in the face. Sokka was weaving through the enemies while attacking anywhere he could and was able to dodge being hit. This was my plan. What is the point of fire bending if you need so much prep time to bend fire.

The constant attacks kept them on their toes and didn't give them enough time to mold their chi properly or at all. Of course the moment the assault started, zuko tried to interfere but he was knocked back by a large gust of wind." Is the little princess mad. Whatcha gonna do, cry to your daddy?"

Zuko was enraged and was bending with all his rage and fury. His movements were really good and I was able to barely dodge using the chi in my feet to increase my speed. I was just dodging a lot when I saw him make a mistake leaving his left rib area wide open in his anger and Capitalized on it by kicking it with a roundhouse kick.

The moment he recoiled from the pain, I went on and controlled the flow of the battle while hiding my trump card. I observed that the assault On the soldiers was going pretty well and that they didn't need any help so I pushed on zuko. That was when I felt an large ball of heat coming from behind me, so I dodged  by jumping out of the way.

I turned around and saw that it was iroh who launched that attack and breathed a mental sigh of relief.

" I don't wanna hurt him, leave and I won't attack"Iroh was a peaceful man but I won't take any chances, this could be an AU cause the bending here was much stronger than from canon.

"No need to be on guard young man, I can see that you have the best of intentions, our goals align and we may meet again" he was a jolly man but I admired him in a weird sense of way. Sigh, zhao wasn't here. He is either banished, cleaning toilets or dead. I just hope that we aren't to late to the northern water tribe.

Iroh commanded for the troops to retreat, which they eagerly followed, it took them literally 5 minutes to leave.

Sigh bending in this world is much more powerful than in canon. That is why I am much stronger than my canon counterpart but it is joy just me but also everyone else who is stronger. I guess this is why katara and sokka are so much stronger then in canon.