Chapter 44: She Just Has To...

For more info on update schedules, reschedules and more, please do follow my Instagram page!(≧▽≦) @ramatawrites

https://www.instagram.com/ramatawrites/

Chapter 45 is available on inkitt! Please check it out by using the link below: as well as in the comment section!

https://inkitt.app.link/RA_RamataMaguiraga02

Chapter 44

Third person POV

Time had passed by, and Zander made his way out of the bathroom. He came face to face with Irene's troubled expression.

"What's wrong?" he questioned.

Putting a smile on her face, she took Zander's hand in hers giving a light squeeze. This was where she wanted to be. She thought about how wonderful the child that was just moments away from being born was going to look. She was nervous, yet excited.

"Zander?" she called out to him making him look at her in question. "Say, when all of this is over, do you think we should get married?" she spoke out taking him by surprise.

He looked at her, his eyes wide at her request, soon a smile made its way on his face.

"I don't know? Should we?" he questioned teasingly making her smirk at his reply.

"Hmm... I don't know, I'm giving you a great chance, after all, there are so many people who'd like me as their bride." she teased back making him growl at her playfully.

The two continued to joke around, her laughter, a melody to his ears. Continuing their walk around the hospital hallways, Zander couldn't help but Glace at Irene.

How had he been so lucky? Lucky enough to be able to have a person as strong as her by his side. Oh, what a fool he had been to have clung on to the past, refusing to look at his present and future.

The past held him in a shell that was difficult to escape, yet she had pulled him out all on her own. Had she left him, he didn't know what would've happened to him.

She may not have been his first mate, but she was his savior. She was his. And his alone.

Soon Irene had fallen into lavour as she was brought into her ward. The doctor had kept Zander outside for who knew what an alpha male, seeing his mate in pain, would do?