Chapter 36: Hurt

Chapter 37 is available on Inkitt! Please use the link in the comments to access it! ❤️💙💜

Chapter 36

Zander's POV:

My anger was not justified. I couldn't be angry at her for requesting a room change. I had no right to be angry...afterall, it was my fault for the way things are right now.

Irene has become headstrong, different from the innocent, naive girl she was when we had met. To think, my uncontrolled emotions would lead to her having walls built around her.

I, an alpha, had allowed myself to fall subjective to my anger. My betrayal. My h stoned heart. Yet Irene tapped on it till she removed the stone from my heart, but at a price.

Rejection.

Sighing, I rubbed my temples as a headache began making its presence. Laying back in my chair, I allowed myself to sulk over everything. Regret was something I never thought I'd face. And here I was, full of it.

A knock came in through my door as the door pushed open revealing a face that was going to give me more of a headache.

"What is it?" I questioned frowning.

"Why the upside down face alpha, is that anyway to greet you beta and friend?"

"My beta only has to come in when there's something important to discuss, and my friend wouldn't fall in love with my mate." I said with a growl. "What is it Brandon?" I questioned yet again my patience wearing thin.

"Calm down alpha, I came to tell you she seems to be making progress." he said catching my attention. "the children have taken a liking to her, so I'm sure that the adults will soon warm up to her as well."

A smile slapped its way on my face. I knew she could do it, but this fast? It was kinda astonishing. Irene was never any less than extraordinary.

"Where is she now?" I questioned in a hurry. 

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know." Brandon teased warning a glare from me. "She's on the training grounds."

"Training ground?!" I questioned. Had she put herself between fighting men?

"Don't worry, today is a lax day, majority of the pack is there." he affirmed as I let myself calm down. "And no, you can't see her yet, you have to finish the work you left behind to pile up." he said as if reading my mind. Huffing I sunk into the chair in disappointment.

He laughed at my disadvantage as he walked out.

Sighing I allowed myself to drown in my work. The clock ticked endlessly as the work load became less and less. My mind was in a disarray, thoughts of Irene swam in my mind as my heart thumped in my chest like a love sick puppy. Who could blame me? I was falling in love. I was getting a second chance and I wanted to cherish this chance.

As my happy emotions inflated, My guilty conscience flowed in as I remembered how I'd wronged her. I couldn't hate myself more than I did after doing what I did to her. Heck, I would want to leave me too if it was me.

A second chance was given to me yet I never treasured it. If she were given a second chance would she... Leave me? My heart thumped painfully. The thought of something like that made me feel sick.

I needed to get my mind off that. Sighing I allowed myself to continue working.

Not soon after I could feel a push through the pack link., my headache increasing by the budging. Allowing the link to open, panic coursed through me.

"What's the matter?" I stood up abruptly in worry. Were there rogues?

"Alpha, the Luna... She-"

My heart immediately halted as I was out the door in seconds. This couldn't be happening.

*********

YASSS friends! It is the complete chapter! I hope this was good 👀 but what has happened? 🤔

Don't forget to comment!

See you next week! 💕