Chapter 37; To Lose

Chapter 38 is available on inkitt! Please do check it out!

You must use the link provided in the comment section! 💜💙

*****

Chapter 37:

Zander's POV

My mind in a frenzy I couldn't think straight. Reaching the training grounds there she lay on one of the women's laps unconscious.

Reaching her I watched as the pack doctor say beside her, examining her. Panic washed over me, what was going on.

"Alpha." everyone said as they sensed my presence.

"What's wrong with her?" I questioned, mu voice slightly cracking. I couldn't afford to lose composure right now.

"It seems the bearing of this child is causing some... Problems, Alpha." the doctor said trying to sound as professional.

I couldn't understand what he was trying to say. "What do you mean problems?" I questioned my heart thumping rapidly.

"It seems the Luna hasn't told you alpha." he said sighing in distress.

"What do you mean she hasn't told me? Told me what?" I said my anger surfacing. Was he trying to cause a rift?

"I prefer we talk somewhere where there aren't so many ears alpha, this is confidential to the Luna and as her mate, to you as well." he said feeling pressure and nervous in the crowd gathered around Irene.

Nodding, I carried Irene and we made our way to my bedroom. She was going to be angry with me when she woke up, no doubt but needed to see her and seeing her have me a reassurance that she was okay.

Laying her on my bed, I covered her with a duvet then I turned around to face the doctor.

"Speak." I said as he let out a sigh.

"It seems the pregnancy is carrying complications alpha." he said straightforwardly.

"What do you mean by complications, specify your words." I said my headache returning.

"It seems giving birth to this child is going to result in complications that may endanger the Luna" he said making me freeze in my place.

Endangering Irene.

My heart thumped fast in a painful way as I looked at the doctors face, trying to see some kind of lie reflecting.

"The Lunas pregnancy is slowly progressing and by the looks of it, she most probably only has 2 months left into this pregnancy. I would suggest taking measures now before the time of labor comes."

"What do you mean by measures?" my ears perked up by those words..

"To give up the child." he said.

"Get out." I muttered.

"Pardon me, alpha?"

"I SAID GET OUT!" I yelled as the doctor whimpered in the presence of my rage and out the door.

The clock ticked in the now silent room. Just our breathing echoing.

"you're awake, aren't you...." I said as I heard her trembling sigh.

"I'm not giving up the baby" she said firmly before any thoughts could cross my mind.

"What about you, how can I let you go?" I questioned as she simply repeated herself.

"why didn't you tell me?" I asked her as my heart fell into a pit of nothingness. Here I was torn between choosing my mate or child and I couldn't even prepare myself for it.

"How was I supposed to tell you Zander? Remember... You caused this. Our weak bond caused this. But if I have too choose, I'd choose my child over you. You only think of me when it suited you best... If you cared you would've shown it from the start." and those words caused my heart to break completely.

It was my fault. There was no denying it.

I caused my mate misery and pain. I hurt her purposely just to close off my already broken heart. I hurt not only her but the child I helped create. I hurt 2 parts of me. And I couldn't even say 'sorry'. No matter how much I repeated it, It could never erase her pain. It can never erase my mistakes.

But

I couldn't let her go. I just managed to get her back and that too was not certain. How could I let go of the mate I was starting to love?

"Get some rest." my voice came out softly, afraid that if I spoke any louder she'd hear my weakness.

I simply walked out shutting the door behind me as the tears began to roll out of my eyes. It was as though my entire demeanor as an alpha just faded away and here I stood like a powerless human being, helpless at the situation infront of me. Reality shunned on me as I fell to my knees infront of the door.

I was going to lose someone. And I couldn't do anything about it.

**********

My heart.... Gosh.... Tell me your thoughts of what's to happen soon!

-Rama