Chapter 16

After the dance, Charlie and Alastor sat on a bench in a balcony with a beautiful night with stars. They had a very wonderful time. Charlie really loved this place and being with Alastor but then she looked down and sad.

"What's wrong, my dear?" Alastor asked politely.

"It's just that I missed my friend. If only I could see her again." replied Charlie

Alastor picked up a magic handmirror and gave it to Charlie

"This mirror will show you anything you wish to see." said Alastor

"I'd like to see my friend, please." Charlie said to the mirror and it magically revealed Vaggie in the woods and trying to search for Charlie while feeling weak.

"Oh no! Vaggie! She's sick. She may be dying! And she's all alone!" Charlie was shocked and worried to see her friend suffering.

Alastor was concern with Charlie. He knew it could ruin his chance to break the spell, but he had no choice but to let Charlie go to help her friend.

"Then you must go to her. I'll release you. You're no longer my prisoner." said Alastor looking down.

"You mean I'm free?" asked Charlie with a surprised face

"Yes. Niffty will go with you to help you and.... Please, take this mirror with you'll always have a way to look back, and remember me." Alastor nodded.

"Thank you, Alastor for understanding how much she needs me!" Charlie hugged Alastor, rushing to the guestroom, getting dressed into her normal outfit, hop onto Razzle and Niffty on Dazzle and ran off with the mirror. Alastor felt sad and depressed. The servants saw everything.

"Your highness, why did you let Charlie go?" asked Husk.

"Because, I love her!" Alastor replied sadly.

Everyone were shocked to hear that Alastor let Charlie go and amazed to hear that he finally loved someone.

"Is that true?" asked Angel.

"Yes, I'm afraid it's true." Husk nodded.

"Charlie is going away?" asked Molly.

"But Al was so close." said Angel.

"After all this time, he's finally learned to love." sighed Mimzy.

"In that case, that should break the spell." said Angel excitedly.

"But, Angel. It's not enough. Charlie has to learn Alastor in return." said Mimzy.

"I guess it's too late now." sighed Husk.

Meanwhile Charlie and Niffty were in the forest and searched for her friend until she found her unconscious in the snow. Charlie and Niffty took her back the house to place her in bed. But little did Cgarlie know that she was watched by Blitzo.

"They're back!" Blitzo thought and ran to tell Harold that Charlie and Vaggie came home.

When Vaggie was in bed, she woke up to see Charlie.

"Charlie?" said Vaggie weakly as she opened her eyes.

"It's alright, Vaggie! I'm home!" Charlie tearfully smiled as she hugged her friend.

"I thought I've never see you again!" smiled Vaggie with tears.

"I've missed you so much!" said Charlie.

"But the radio demon? How did you escape?" asked Vaggie.

"I didn't escape, Vaggie! He let me go." replied Charlie 

"That son of a bitch!"said Vaggie angrily.

"But he's different now. He's changed somehow." replied Charlie as Niffty appered.

"Hi! It's good to see you again." said Niffty as she hugged Vaggie.

"Hello little fella" said Vaggie as she hugged Niffty back.

"Charlie, why did you leave? Don't you love us anymore?" asked Niffty.

"Oh Niffty, of course i do it just-" said Charlie the suddenly someone knocked the door. Charlie opened the door to see Doctor Katie Killjoy.

"May I help you?" asked Charlie nervously.

"I've come to collect your friend!" replied Katie.

"What? My friend?" Charlie shocked.

"Don't worry, my dear girl! We'll take good care of her!" Katie grinned as she showed Charlie an asylum wagon and alot of villagers were outside the house including Harold Von Eldritch and Blitzo.

"My friend is not crazy!" Charlie yelled.

"She's raving like a lunatic! We all heard her, didn't we!" said Blitzo.

All the villagers agreed with Blitzo.

"Well, miss Vagatha. How big was the radio demon?" Blitzo asked mockingly.

"Well, he's enormous, and about eight feet tall." Vaggie replied nervously.

But no one believed her and laughed at her.

"But it's true!" cried Vaggie.

"Take her away!" Blitzo ordered.

Two of Harold's friends grabbed Vaggie and dragged her as she struggled.

"No! You can't do that!" Charlie shouted.

"Poor, Charlie. It's a shame about your loving friend." said Harold sarcastically as he put his hand on Charlie's shoulder.

"Harold, you know she's crazy." said Charlie.

"Well, maybe I can clear up this little misunderstanding, if you marry me!" said Harold smugly.

"What?!? You can't be serious!" cried Charlie with disbelief.

"Yes, Charlie. I'm serious. One little word is all it takes." smirked Harold as he flirted Charlie.

"Never!" screamed Charlie as she pushed him away.

"Fine! Have it your way!" said Harold as he slowly walked away.

Charlie turned around to see Vaggie was about to be taken to the asylum, she rushed into the house, grabbed the mirror and got out of the house with it.

"My friend is not crazy and I can prove it to you!" Charlie cried.

Everyone stopped and stared at Charlie.

"Show me Alastor!" Charlie said to the mirror which revealed Alastor and showed him to everyone. Everyone got scared when they realised the radio demon was real.

To be countinue....