Chapter 11

Angel Dust: Alright mista Charlie, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you relax. Let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents…your dinner! Be... our... guest! Be our guest! Put our service to the test Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie And we'll provide the rest Soup du jour Hot hors d'oeuvres Why, we only live to serve Try the grey stuff It's delicious! Don't believe me? Ask the dishes They can sing! They can dance! After all, Miss, this is palace! And the dinner here is never second best! Go on, unfold your menu Take a glance and then you'll Be our guest Oui, our guest Be our guest!

Angel Dust and Chorus: Beef ragout Cheese soufflé Pie and pudding "en flambé"

Angel Dust: We'll prepare and serve with flair A culinary cabaret! You're alone And you're scared But the banquet's all prepared No one's gloomy or complaining While the flatware's entertaining We tell jokes, I do tricks! With my fellow candlesticks

Chorus: Und it's all in perfect taste That you can bet

Angel Dust and chorus: Come on and lift your glass You've won your own free pass To be our guest

Angel Dust: If you're stressed It's fine dining we suggest!

Angel Dust and chorus: Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest!

Angel Dust: Life is so unnerving For a servant who's not serving He's not whole without a soul to wait upon Ah, those good old days when we were useful Suddenly those good old days are gone 7 years we've been rusting Needing so much more than dusting Needing exercise, a chance to use our skills! Most days we just lay around the castle Flabby, fat and lazy You walked in, and oops-a-daisy!

Mimzy: It's a guest! It's a guest! Sakes alive, well I'll be blessed! Wine's been poured and thank the Lord I've had the napkins freshly pressed With dessert She'll want tea And my dear that's fine with me While the cups do their soft-shoein' I'll be bubbling, I'll be brewing I'll get warm Piping hot Holy shit! Is that a spot? Clean it up! We want the company impressed! We've got a lot to do! Is it one lump or two? For you, our guest!

Chorus: She's our guest!

Mimzy: She's our guest!

Chorus: Be our guest! Be our guest Be our guest Our command is your request It's 7 years since we've had anybody here And we're obsessed With your meal With your ease Yes, indeed, we aim to please While the candlelight's still glowing Let us help you We'll keep going

Angel Dust and chorus: Course by course! One by one! 'Til you shout, “Enough! I'm done!” Then we'll sing you off to sleep as you digest Tonight you'll prop your feet up But for now, let's eat up Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest! Please, be our guest!

To be countinue....