41| Sugar Baby

Soundtrack: String Quartet M.35: II. Assez vite, très rythmé by Maurice Ravel

"About earlier, I wanted to apologize."

Finally, Yoongi and Victoria were away from the flashes and the crowd, a bit out-of-it after all the emotions of winning the first place. Their trophies were both on the bedside table, glinting faintly under the light passing through the curtains. Victoria had her eyes set on them, positioned on her stomach with her head resting on her arms, staring as if she was scared they would disappear if she blinked.

"Sorry for what," she asked.

They were both just out of the shower, more than happy to slip out of their fancy attire to get naked in bed, all hot and toasty under the covers. Yoongi had his arm around her waist, his body flushed against hers. He had planned an intense evening of love-making but was so tired by the events of the night, his eyelids were getting heavier by the second. Victoria too didn't seem in a hurry, completely immobile as she stared at the trophies.

"Dumping all that stuff about going to Korea with me and meeting my music teacher."

She turned around to face him, her nose almost touching his, doe eyes swallowing his vision as he stared.

"I didn't think about it much before asking you... and I don't want to pressure you into anything. If you don't want to go, that's alright, I would understand."

Her eyebrows dipped and she parted her lips, hesitating for a second.

"It's not that I don't want to..."

"What is it, then?"

She blushed slightly, averting her gaze.

"You're gonna think it's so dumb."

Now Yoongi really was curious.

"No. Tell me."

"Fine, but don't laugh at me, alright?"

"Sure, what is it?"

She let out a sigh, backing a bit to see him better.

"I'm like... really poor."

"What?"

Yoongi smiled, holding back difficulty his laughter. Victoria didn't seem to find it funny, huffing as she backed away even further.

"It's just... I'm starting college and it's really expensive and my parents are helping me, but not that much because they want me to be independent, and I agree with them. So I'm pretty low on cash right now, especially because I bought the tickets to come here with my credit card, and if I use more to buy plane tickets to go to Korea and back, it will mean I won't have enough to go see my parents during the Christmas break, and..."

"I got money! Silly!" cut Yoongi, smiling widely at her, "I would pay for your tickets to Korea for sure! You're doing me a favor by coming with me, so it's only normal I pay you back! Hell, I wouldn't mind paying for your college tuition and your plane tickets to Canada as well."

Victoria pressed her lips in a thin line, looking doubtful.

"I'm like... really loaded," Yoongi added with a smirk, "It would be my pleasure to help you out."

She winced, flinching away from him and shaking her head.

"I knew you were going to say something like that!"

"Hey, other girls would be pretty happy to learn their boyfriend is rich as hell and ready to share. Come on, let me treat you! I never spend all that much anyway."