sixteen

Wolfblood

16. Jus Drein Jus Daun: Part 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been an hour since Lexa left after making a deal with Mount Weather. Octavia and I have been waiting for someone, anyone, to open the door so we can get inside the mountain. So far, there's been nothing. I was currently pacing back and forth, questioning if any of our friends were even alive at this point.

"Rory, that's enough!"

"Sorry." I apologized. "I'm just worried."

Octavia opened her mouth to speak, but before she could say anything, there was a similar alarm blaring. From a distance, I heard something or someone going down the same chute I went down from when escaping the mountain with Clarke, and Anya.

"It's about time," Octavia said, standing up as something slid down into the cart she was previously leaning on. We looked inside the cart to see a body, but not just any dead body. Fox's dead body. "Fox."

"They found them." I gulped.

The sound of footsteps approaching us caught our attention. Octavia grabbed her blade, slowly walking toward whoever was there. As I got closer, I recognized the scent and went to stop Octavia, but Clarke already turned the corner. Once Octavia saw that it was Clarke, she lowered her weapon.

"Octavia?" Clarke gasped, but Octavia just turned around. "You stayed."

"Screw you." Octavia spat, turning to face Clarke again. "Of course, I stayed. I know where my loyalties lie."

"Guys. Not now." I said, and they stopped.

"We have to get in there." Clarke started, heading for the door.

"If that was possible, do you think I'd still be out here?" Octavia grabbed her arm, showing her the body in the cart. "Why did Lexa sound the retreat?"

"The traitor made a deal with the mountain to free the grounders and not our friends." Once I saw the look on Octavia's face, I continued. "Don't worry. I gave her what she deserved."

"Now we're on our own," Clarke said and started banging on the door.

"Stop. They'll know we're here." Octavia said, pushing Clarke away from the door. "What about Lincoln? There's no way he'd have gone along with this."

"He didn't," Clarke said, pulling out her gun, aiming for the door's keypad. "They took him."

"What's wrong with you?" Octavia said, taking the gun away.

"I am getting through that door," Clarke exclaimed.

"And that's your plan? Bellamy's counting on you." Octavia told her. "Everyone's always counting on you."

"Well, what do you want from me?!" Clarke shouted.

"You trusted Lexa. You let a bomb drop on Tondc." Octavia said, and Clarke looked to for help, but I avoided eye contact. "You let all those people-"

"I am doing the best I can!" Clarke interrupted.

"Guys?" I called, hearing footsteps on the other side of the door.

"Yeah? Well, it's not good enough." Octavia responded.

"Guys!?" They both looked at me. "Someone's coming."

Suddenly the door beeped, and Clarke raised her gun, and Octavia reached for her blade. My heart stopped when the door opened, and I saw who was on the other side.