eight

Wolfblood

8. Poison Knife

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to a clap of thunder, and rain pouring down on the dropship heavily. There was a lot of commotion all over the dropship, everything so loud that I couldn't even hear myself think. I saw that Raven was on the radio trying to get into contact with Abby Griffin, Clarke's mother.

In the distance, I hear Raven continue to speak into the microphone. "This is Raven Reyes, calling Ark Station. Come in, Ark Station. This is Raven Reyes calling Ark Station. Please come in. Can anyone hear me."

I get up, trying to be careful after losing a lot of blood, and walk toward them and rests against the wall next to Raven, watching as Clarke makes her way over.

"Are you sure you have the right frequency?" Monroe questions, I watch as Raven grows more and more frustrated.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Raven snaps, shooting Monroe a glare.

"Raven," Clarke begins, Raven glancing over at her, "you can do this."

Raven takes a deep breath, repeating into the microphone, "Calling Ark Station."

I push myself off the wall, following Clarke as she walks towards Finn. I look over at Finn, noticing how his skin was turning a little pale and there were sweat beads on his hairline.

"Is he going to be ok?" I ask.

"I hope so. If Raven can't reach anyone..."

"Hey, she will," I say, putting my hand on her shoulder.

"You should lie down. You were just shot," she said.

I pull off the bandage on the side of my stomach healed, and I could see Clarke's eyes widens at my clear stomach. "Speaking of getting shot, have you seen Bellamy anywhere?"

Clarke pulls the cloth wrapped around Finn's dagger off, quickly replacing it with a new one as she says, "No, why?"

"I just want to talk to him."

"Aura, you need to relax," Clarke says, grabbing my arm. I sigh, rolling my eyes.

I walk to the opening of the dropship, rubbing my arms due to how cold it was.

"Calling Ark Station," Raven repeats. "Please come in. This is Raven Reyes calling Ark Station. The One-Hundred are alive. Can anyone hear me?"

After a while we heard a static sounding voice, stating, "This is a restricted channel. Who is this? Please identify yourself."

I quickly rush over next to Raven, my heart hammering in my chest as I hear someone finally respond.

"This is Raven Reyes," she identifies. "I'm from mecha-station. I - I'm transmitting from the ground. The One-Hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Dr. Abby Griffin. Dr. Abby Griffin. Now."

"Hang on, Raven," he states. I smile softly, realizing that Raven did it. "We're trying to boost your signal."

He's silent for a moment, everyone within the dropship waiting in anticipation.

All of a sudden, there's a feminine voice. "Raven, are you there?"

I see Clarke's eyes widen, talking into the speaker, "Mom? Mom, it's me."

"Clarke?" Abby asks.

"Mom, I need your help," Clarke begins, "One of our people was stabbed by a grounder."