six

Wolfblood

6. Missing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was unable to fall asleep that night even though I spent the whole day helping create the flares in order to save those aboard the Ark. The sounds of bugs and animals off in the forest fill my ear, the cool air feeling refreshing on my skin.

I was lying on my bed, staring up at the top of the tent, glancing over toward Octavia's bed which she wasn't sleeping in. I was a bit worried, not knowing where Octavia was, but I assumed that she was probably with Bellamy or possibly Jasper.

Of course, I would be lying if I said I wasn't shocked when someone rushed into our tent quickly, I look at the entrance only to see Bellamy standing there.

His eyes widen, noticing that I was staring right back at him.

"You're up," he states in shock.

Pushing myself onto my feet, I explain, "Couldn't sleep. How about you?"

"I'm looking for Octavia," he gets out quickly. I noticed the worried expression written across his face.

My eyebrows lace together, then I said, "I thought she was with you."

Bellamy shakes his head quickly, stating, "I can't find her."

I quickly follow him out of the tent, murmuring, "Just calm down, Bellamy, okay? I'm sure she's fine. Have you checked the other tents yet? Asked around?"

He shakes his head quickly, grabbing a torch and walking around the camp, peaking into various tents. I watch as he makes his way around the campsite frantically, seeming to check every possible place. I could tell that he was growing more and more worried by the second.

"Aura, I've checked everywhere in camp. She's not here," he states. I look up at him, unsure as to what to do right now.

"Okay," I breath out, running a hand through my hair. "I'll help you look. You go check the dropship and anywhere around it while I check all the tents again."

Bellamy looked down at me, smiling before saying, "Thank you."

"Of course," I breath out, nodding softly. "And either way, she's my best friend. The only one who I would hang out with me when I first came here."

Before he could say anything, I quickly walked away from him, searching through the tents once again. For the most part, I found sleeping teenagers and the occasional horny ones, but no Octavia.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't panicking because, in all honesty, I was. With the grounders out there, we had no idea where she could be or if we had anything to do with this.

I look up, watching as Bellamy makes his way out of the dropship, an even more worried expression on his face.

"Did you find her?" he questions quickly, I shake my head in response. Making his way toward the campfire, Bellamy shouts, "Hey, everybody, gather around, and grab a weapon." He tosses a sack full of various weapons onto the ground. I run to my tent, grabbing my dagger, meeting back at the campfire.

I stand beside Bellamy, gripping onto my dagger tightly as everyone from the camp makes their way over, some of them seeming slightly groggy and confused. I don't blame them for being tired after the day they just had. They all worked hard and I was proud, but now one of their own is missing. Octavia was missing.

"My sister's been out there alone for twelve hours," Bellamy begins, a painful expression on his face as he explains this. "Arm up. We're not coming back without her."