Chapter 17

A/n: so I tried something new in the dialogue. The stuff in parenthesis is like comments under people's breath or like murmured stuff during a normal conversation. Or just like random, quick thoughts that happen during a conversation. Whatever way you feel like interpreting it, I guess.

Enjoy, 

-Muse

Yahaba's POV:

The first thing I remember is getting poked in the face. Of course, me early in the morning is still kind of spacy, so I thought it was my sister. 

"Yui, stop... I'm still tired..."

"Think again, Cream-puff" I hear Kentaro say before slapping me in the face with a pillow.

 Now I'm actually awake. Thanks, Kentaro, very helpful. Yes, I'm being serious, me.  Me, making sarcastic comments in my head? Neeever... What time is it? Come to think of it, what day is it? 

"Morning, Kyoken..." I say sitting up in bed. "What day is it?"

"Monday. And we're going to be late for practice on our first day as captains, so get your ass out of bed and get ready."

Wait. We're going to be late? And we're the captains now? Shiiit! I jump out of bed and rush around the cabin trying to find my bag. Somehow I remember I'm at the cabin, but I forget what day it was... I guess that's just how my brain works in the morning,... I don't even have time to be thinking like this, we're going to be late!! 

Eventually, I'm ready. Kyoken shows me how to get to school from the cabin as I eat breakfast. I really needed to remember my alarm. It takes a while, but because we ran, we get to practice before it started. Thank god. Of course, Iwaizumi and Oikawa have already set up. Even though they're not part of the team officially, they still want to help, which I guess means covering for me when I sleep in on my first day. 

"Yoohoo, Cream-puff Chan, Kyoken-chan!"

"You're late."

"I'm sorry, Iwaizumi-senpai. It won't happen again."

"Sorry! It's my fault, I slept in."

"You, slept in? When was the last time you did that?"

"Wait. You don't normally sleep in?"

"Nope!"

"Seriously? So I've been stuck with lazy you when everyone else gets someone who actually gets up on time?"

"Basically."

"..."

"So, how's the newest couple at Aoba Josai been? Tell me everything! Please!"

"You don't have to. He's just bored because I made him go to sleep at a normal time."

"But Iwa-chaan! I want to hear about them, and, the best time to watch alien documentaries is at 3 A.M. when the aliens are actually here!"

"Bullshit! You can watch them at any time of the day and be just as entertained."

"Fiiine... But I still want to know about them. Kyohaba's been my OTP since like,... forever! Iwa-chan, please!"

"...(what the hell?)... That's it. No more double dates with Makki and Mattsun, they're a bad influence."

"gasp!"

"...You didn't even gasp, you just said the word gasp."

"Whatever."

"We're still here you know."