Chapter 53

Yahaba's POV:

"So, your my son's boyfriend..." The man said, sitting upright in his hospital bed. "You treating him well? You better be." He threatened.

Shit. This was not going how I expected it to.

I guess, quick recap? It's been a lot recently. So, the dad's not actually bad, contrary to popular belief. By popular, I mean everyone's belief. Surprise! And the mom's a manipulative bitch. Less of a surprise, since Kentaro has some weird family and at least one of them had to be a piece of shit.

And now I'm meeting the dad as he actually is for the first time. You want my honest opinion? It feels like I'm being introduced to some suburban parent that likes grilling a little too much. Does not feel like the abuser I expected.

Should I forgive him? He was manipulated... but he still hurt Kentaro! I honestly don't really understand this at all. I really just want to go back to sleep. I had the best sleep in weeks! Probably because Kentaro stopped sleeping on the couch.

Back to his father then... Oh wait, I've got nothing! Isn't that wonderful?

"Is he usually this shy?" The man asked Kentaro.

"No. You probably just scared him. Jerk."

"What? How?"

"He knows you as I knew you. Plus, you're trying to act intimidating. It's dumb, stop it." My soulmate said, his hostility showing.

I need to remember to thank him later. I am kind of scared. I really don't know what to do. It's not like people teach you how to interact with an abusive father figure that actually didn't want to harm their victim. That kind of thing never usually happens anyways!

"Fine, fine. Stop acting so aggressive."

"Your fault."

"Is it?"

"I've been told it's a trauma response."

"Ah, so it is. Sorry about that."

Kentaro just smirked angrily. I still can't get my head wrapped around it being alright for him to just apologize for everything that he's done to Kentaro. He's always been so easily forgiving, I hope that doesn't end up being an issue here.

I walked over to Kentaro, trying to make myself useful. But, I just feel powerless. How am I supposed to do anything here? He's not a threat, but he doesn't feel like a friend yet either. So confusing!!

"So, what's with the sudden visit from the boyfriend."

"How dangerous would moving in with Mother be?"

"Solo? Or with him? As far as I remember, you mentioned him being an assistant or advisor?"

"Financial advisor, yes."

"It'll only work for so long. Especially with you teaching him."

That's not good. It'll definitely mess up our plan. Still, not a specific answer so there's still a chance we can last until the wedding. Probably not though, let's be honest here

"What's wrong with my teaching?"

"You're below him in school, aren't you?"

"Depends on the subject."

"Math."

"Algebra makes no sense after the first year of it." He sulked.

"You need it to understand statistics, which you need in finance."

"If I can't teach him, then who the hell will?"

"Who in this room successfully runs a billion-dollar company?"