Chapter 52 (Part 2)

Yahaba's POV:

After the last seizure, Kentaro's father was on close watch. There was always a nurse in the room, and when the switched, one was still always watching him. God forbid that he dies there. They'd probably get sued by his mother. And lose.

Speaking of losing, Kentaro himself was all over the place. It's been a few weeks and he's all over the place. We never actually ended up moving in so he's just been staying at my family's house. You'd think it would help, but...

He barely talks to me.

"Kentaro? You okay?"

"..."

"Did you sleep well?"

"...I guess."

"Do you want to go get hot chocolate?"

"Too warm."

"Do you want to go anywhere?"

"No."

"Will you tell me why you don't talk to me?"

"No."

"Will you stop sleeping on the couch?"

"No."

"Please? I miss you."

"Sorry. No."

This is how we always speak. I hate being so separate. I don't even know how we've changed so much in barely any time. It's only been a few weeks! I miss him so much...

More about him now: he doesn't talk to anyone else, except to say sorry randomly and ask for servings at meals. He's always hunched over too, like he's trying to make himself small and unapproachable.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but I have a feeling he's reverted back to how he acted at him family's home. It's probably a response to something, but why? His father's a horrible person. Is there more he didn't tell me?

I hope I can figure out what's wrong soon. But, back to the main thing: Kentaro's father.

Occasionally we get calls from the hospital on his fathers condition. Kentaro is very defensive about these calls and only lets himself answer them. I don't know much about what's happened, only that he doesn't seem to be getting better. And the seizures? Who knows what's happened with them? Not me, that's for sure.

Kentaro is usually gone by the time I wake up, so I go to school alone. I'm pretty sure he goes to the hospital, but I'm not actually sure. He barely talks to me, and never answers my questions.

We're still in-sync for volleyball, though. It's kind of funny at this point how well we work together on the court versus off of it. The perfect facade, maybe. The team knows nothing more than that his father's in the hospital. Oikawa seems like he knows something.

I confront him about it at afternoon practice today. I just need to know. So, I ended practice a little early. It was a Friday anyways, so I could use that as an excuse.

Kentaro ran out of the gym as quickly as he could, still in his uniform. Meanwhile, I pulled Oikawa to the side.

"We need to talk."

"Okay? What did I do? I didn't egg Shiratorizawa this time, I swear!"

"Nothing- You egged Shiratorizawa?"

"Were you listening? I just said I didn't."

"Whatever. You know something." I tested.

"About what? I know a lot of things." He shrugged.