Chapter 6: Phase 2

If you have read this far thank you guys:) keep reading and enjoy

______________________________________

Gon and I head through the fog following Leorio's strong cologne to reach the clearing just in time. I sigh in relief being very glad that we made it in time. I look around noting how many made it through and count 50 applicants including me. I stiffen as I feel eyes on me and spin around seeing Hisoka staring at us. I glare and storm off towards a battered Leorio sititng by Kurapika and Killua. As soon as Gon and I make it there Satotz tells us farewell and takes his leave. The doors open and before anyone moves I rush inside and begin to walk towards Menchi. The others grumble and glare at my back ticked that I passed seeing how I'm apparently Hisoka's 'pet'. I stand in front of Menchi grinning waiting for everyone to make their way over. Menchi introduces herself and Buhara. She tells us we will be cooking and everyone bursts out laughing besides me, Hisoka, emotionless Illumi *cough* Gittarackur, Kurapika, Killua, and Gon. Menchi's eyes narrow waiting for them to quiet down. I glare at the people surrounding me letting the anger wash over me as I did before. Like before everyone cowers and shrinks back from me. I smile satisfied that they finally shutup and let the power fill me for a few more moments before I release the anger. Everyone pants around me except for Menchi, Buhara, Hisoka and Gittarackur. "huh only the nen users don't cower? Am I using a type of nen?" I think confused. Menchi studies me for a moment before she goes back to talking.

"Buhara will be choosing the main ingredient in your dishes," Menchi continues. Looking over at Buhara I wonder what would happen if he were to choose soemthing besides pork before dismissing the idea.

"I choose pork. You can use any type of pig from the forest," Buhara rumbles before slapping his stomach making a gong sound signaling the start of the phase. I turn on my heel and take off running rushing past the contestants into the forest. I try to stop before I reach the hill and end up toppling down letting out a high pitched yelp as I topple down the hill landing on my face at the bottom. I jump up only to get knocked back down by Gon and the others. Groaning loudly I slowly get back up glaring at a forming bruise from a rock on the way down. I look up to see the giant carnivourous pigs "They looked so much smaller on the show." The pigs smell us and let out bloodthirsty squeals making me turn and run. Back up the hill I go occasionly tripping over branches and rocks cursing each one. I reach the top and sprint for a tree jumping up to grab a branch holding onto for dear life. A pig barreling towards me and I watch it get closer slipping one my knives into my left hand preparing to jump down when suddenly the pig stops and falls. I look at its head to see a queen of hearts card. Growling I'm frustrated that I can't do anything without Hisoka meddling. I hop down and grab the pig half carrying and half dragging it back to the cooking station closest to Menchi. Once there I pull the card out deciding to use it since it is much sharper than a knife. When I cut open the pig I remove the bones, guts, and other not meant to eat parts. I slice some of the meat into small porkchop like things and chop bigger slabs out for Buhara. I split both the bigger and smaller chunks in a pan and the oven. Once the meat is cooking I look over the cooking station finding salt and pepper and other bottles of seasoning putting different ones on each piece of meat. Surprisingly I find an assortment of fruit and decide to make a fruit salad and a regular salad as well. Rakibg a quick break I look around to see everyone roasting their pigs whole some not even bothering with the apple in the mouth. I finish cooking and decide to make Menchi's dish look pretty. Satisfied I take the meat over first and come back to grab the bowl of fruit salad and normal salad taking them back along with two more forks for Menchi. I set everything down in front of them and take a step back. Menchi looks everything over shocked and takes a small bite of everything while Buhara dumps his meat in his mouth instantly passing me. Menchi takes a minute and passes me after seeing how everyone else is doing. I know I probably only passed because i put in more effort knowing that I'm not that good of a cook perferring cereal over made from scratch meals. I can't help but feel proud of myself as I skip back to my station eating some of the leftover food including the yummy fruit salad. I look around and see everyone start to give her their whole pigs being failed one after another. I decide to use the rest the meat and supplies to cook up stuff to share while im waiting for everyone to get done. The sumo wrestler looking guy goes up and starts yelling after being told I'm the only one that passed.