nine - sleep tight

I pulled the pin out of a smoke grenade then threw it into the living room, then did the same to the other one but in the kitchen. In less than a minute the whole apartment was covered in smoke, I knelt down beside the kitchen table until I saw a man coming into view. I jumped up grabbing his gun then elbowed him in the face, his head threw back but his right hand was still holding onto the gun. I held his gun with my left hand and grabbed his bicep with my right then kneed his forearm hearing a satisfying crack. He lets go of the gun clutching onto his arm. I used the buttstock of the gun and slammed it into his face knocking him straight out. 

A laser beam came shooting across the wall, my eyes trailed the beam to where it was emitted from and another dark figure emerges from of the smoke. I shot his leg and watched him fall gritting his teeth, he raised his gun at me but he was too slow I made another shot aiming at his shoulder. He falls onto his front grabbing his shoulder, I walked over to him and lifted him up so he was facing me, I kicked his gun away then right hooked him in the jaw sending him straight to sleep. Two more men emerged from the smoke shooting at me. I ran over to the kitchen island and slid across the counter top then knelt down behind it. I heard footsteps to my left so I got a pocket knife out of my boot then waited until I saw him come into view I then stabbed it into the man's foot earning a loud scream. "You Bitch!" He shouted. 

I dropped the gun then kicked him where the sun doesn't shine then bought his face down to my knee. "Who's the bitch now," I said kneeling down beside him, he was lying on the floor coughing. I took his gun then shot him in the stomach, "That's for calling me a bitch." 

Then to my right I see a vase shattering into pieces after a bullet had pierced through it, I quickly ducked behind a wall and waited. Actually fuck it. I stepped out from behind the wall searched for the next guy, he had his back turned to me so I tapped his shoulder then punched him in the  throat, then twisted his gun out of his grip throwing it across the room, he did not look happy, I dodge his first few punches but I got hit a few times after. I uppercut him making him stumble back then jabbed him in the nose. I slid down on my knees in between his legs grabbing onto his ankles making him face plank the floor, which knocked him clean out. I got up dusted my hands and knees then went over to check everyone's pulse and wiped the guns clean.

"Xanders?" I asked panting.

"I'm here"

"All clear?" 

"Bit hard to see due to the smoke but the corridor is clear, they're mainly on the 5th floor."

"Thanks."

I pulled my ear piece out then walked over to one of the men and pulled his wire out of his ear.

"Agent Miller report," I heard through the wire. 

"Miller report."

"Miller do you copy?"

"I'm afraid Miller..." I looked over at the man lying on the floor with a knife in his foot and a bullet in his stomach. "...is a bit busy."

The other end remained quiet for a while, "..Wh..who is this?"

I rolled my eyes, "Tell Tyler I want to speak to him."

I heard muffled voices at the other end then it went quiet, "LeToya.." Tyler trailed.

"Director. Long time no speak. I must say sending a whole SWAT team for me is...impressive, although you could've at least asked me out for dinner first," I laughed.

"Leti, your making this harder than it has to be. Just give yourself in."

"Just like that huh?" I sighed, "We just go back to pretending like we don't know each other,"

"Leti... please, I don't want them to hurt you."

"Cut the shit T, you have four men in need of medical attention, a few gunshot wounds here and there, plus a few broken bones but good news, they're all breathing..." I paused, "...for now." With that said I took the wire out then crushed it with my foot and put my own ear piece back in.

I went over to the kitchen then pulled out a pen and paper, quickly scribbled on a few words then taped it to the back of the door, I heard several footsteps in the corridor.

"L, get out of there." I heard Xander's worried voice.

I leaped onto the fire escape and raced down to the motorcycle that was waiting for me. I hopped on and drove out of the alley onto the busy roads of Manhattan, my head was aching but my mind kept revisiting those words I put on the note.

"I guess we're just strangers with some memories, L."