Steamer Trouble

Okay, this is most likely the worst title I've ever come up with.

Enjoy JoQueen fans-

He was sure he could hear faint screaming, and the sound of explosions. He felt light. Then he felt himself sinking. He opened his eyes, bubbles sputtering out of his mouth. Everything suddenly came rushing back to him.

A sudden burst of energy surged through him as he screamed, "Queen!", before remembering he was still in the water. He flailed his arms in a desperate attempt to resurface as bubbles surrounded him. He pushed himself above the water, gasping for air.

"Queen!", he yelled again, whipping his head around for his friend. He found his top hat floating about, and reached out to grab it when suddenly, he heard a gasp. It was one of the crewmates.

"They're-they're gone....", he held on tighlty to the wooden plank, staring wide-eyed at the sight of the burning ship sinking, "All.....gone." He gaped at him, "You-you were the one.... and her....where is she?"

"Did you see her?", the icy blue-haired looked around wildly.

"N-no", the young man watched him dive below the water before popping up again. "Th-thank you..."

"No time for that", the phantom thief silenced him. 'Please tell me she's alive. She has to be alive!', he yelled again, "Queen! Answer me!"

"Here....", it was a mere whisper, but he heard it above the sounds of flames and screams. He swam towards the direction, then almost choked at the slightly red water. He took a deep breath, diving down as he watch her attempt to swim. He knew she could swim, problem was with her injury, her body would be weakened. He slid his arm around her waist and swam up, taking another breath of air and began lifting her onto the wooden plank as they and his top hat washed ashore.

"Queen! Wake up!", he pleaded, shaking her gently. She coughed roughly and spat out water, giving him a sign that she was still alive.

"You two", the crewmember handed the phantom thief his hat as he crawled on the sand. "You're lucky there aren't sharks out here." He sat by his side, "Th-thank you, both of you. You saved me......."

"Ow...", his friend groaned, her eyes still closed, then coughed again. He felt her wet back, then her arms. She winced. Her arm was injured, a deep slash.

Queen had defended him. She risked herself for him. Scenarios of what happened ran through his head. Why didn't he see it coming? He was always cautious. How could he not see it?

Everything had gone smoothly; both of them sneaking onto the ship, passing a few sailors discreetly, pretending to be the new recruits with the help of image gum, stealing the rare Prince of Atlantis -a beautiful pearl sitting in the middle of a cone-like structure decorated with two crests at the sides- putting some crew members to sleep and annoying the captain of the ship.

Which was a fatal mistake.

He was like a literal pirate captain, and he was nothing like Blue. And that made the job harder for the phantom thieves to be rid of him. The blonde had challenged him to a duel:

If she won, she and her friend would keep the treasure, with the addition of him crying like a baby in front of his crewmates that he had lost (you can guess whose idea that part was). If he won, they were to never return to this ship and leave the treasure. She won, of course. She's an excellent sword fighter, after all. And also a battle axe.

Unfortunately, it turns out that the captain was a sore loser.

He threw a tantrum, slashing at everything that stood in his way. The phantom thieves dodged every slice, but sadly at one point the icy-blue haired's cape was split.