chapter four

A week later Natasha was on her orientation. They were now in a lecture hall being lectured about their careers and blah! Blah! Her mind wandered off to the boy she had been spending time with. Markello , even thinking about his name made her feel giddy. She had found him fascinating. Within her one week ,she knew she could confide in Mark. They had spent nights on the phone till either of them fell asleep. He was a good friend, a good listener even though some things she said never made sense. But Natasha missed him because since the night of the get together she never saw him. She had severally asked Rosa but she always said that he was on family business. She had stopped believing in best friends but for Mark it sparked for them,some connection was there for them and they grew comfortable.
Natasha was looking forward to their next talk that night that she didn't even notice that the class had been dismissed.

"Hey everyone left." said a thick English  gruff voice. Looking up she saw a blonde man with green eyes, almost as tall as Mark. Oh well he was attractive but not attractive as Mark ,her best friend.
"Oh yeah." She muttered collected her things to put in her backpack.
"Am Ace." He introduced himself.
"Natasha."she answered.
They walked around campus chatting and she noticed that Ace was a good person to spend time with. He was funny,never stopped grinning like a lunatic.
Finally the day ended and she parted ways with Ace. Reaching her dorm room she threw herself on the coach, she was so tired after walking on campus for hours. There was a knock at the door and Rosa opened it. Mark stood at the door with a bouquet of red roses.

"What! You got the decency to knock!" Rosa exclaimed.
"Yeah because you started having a roommate," he retorted looking behind Rosa to find Natasha seated on the coach. Natasha waved at him and he recognised it by smiling at her, earning a blush from her.

"Thanks for the Roses." Rosa said taking them from her brother.
"Not yours they're for Natasha"

Natasha
The flowers were mine. No offence but I never knew Markello had search a heart. Of course Rosa was eyeing me now. Her look made me squirm in my seat. I took the flowers from him , muttering a quick thank you and put them in a vase.
"So he knows your favourite flowers, how?" Rosa asked.
"We were talking over the phone during the week ." Mark butted in. Best friends goals! He just saved me from loads of questions from his sister.
Rosa went back to her room saying how annoyed she was,her brother wasn't fair.
"So let's go out right now ,at the pizza place." Mark stated or was he demanding. No he should have asked,right? That's how males ask females out. I nodded in agreement getting my hoodie.
We walked towards the elevator in complete silence. Inside the elevator none of us talked it was just the elevator smooth music and a ding for every floor we passed as we descended. The last ding and the elevator opened as we were on the ground floor, the lobby.
"So we are not talking tonight, just eating I guess?" Mark asked after clearing his throat.
"Actually I was waiting for you to speak," I retorted. I wasn't going to act like a needy bitch that needed attention. After exchanging numbers last week, I was always the one calling him first. Yeah!yeah I know am needy. I was in need of a friend. And he was there,I couldn't let it slip.
"We get the pizza and we start talking." He said as we entered the pizza hut.
"BBQ chicken pizza ," he said to the waiter who was came to our table.
"15 minutes sir," the waiter said and Mark nodded in acknowledgment.
"What about you , it's not your favourite." I asked.
"I am trying my best friend's pizza, is it a problem?"he retorted. Damn! This man literally has a come back for everything. Ten minutes into talking and the pizza had arrived along with sodas we ordered after. Half away into eating the pizza,he asked something that I never wanted to talk about. The memory was engraved in my mind, heart and soul. It was my secret to keep,it wasn't worth sharing. After all it won't be a secret if I shared it with him. God my mouth had no filter because I blurted something to him about my brother over the phone when I was dosing off.
"Nat about your brother, you promised to tell me." He said.
"No I won't , I barely know you. Why should I tell you?" I snapped back at him.
"Yeah , you don't know me." He said in a whisper.
"You don't know me,yet you always called me first every night. I thought you said we were opening up. If you are not ready to say it just say "I'll tell you when am more comfortable"  not snapping at me..... bitch." Though he said the bitch in a whisper I heard it and anger took the liberty to spurt the next words.
"A bitch that you want to fuck. You want me for sex. I know your ways and of course I have been warned about you through the whole week."
Laughing bitterly he said,"Yeah I agree am such a sex crazed beast  I never wanted to bed you but I was just trying to get along with you. You pretend to be the perfect one here but you're the monster here. Who knows what you're hiding? Atleast am not a fool like you , I know everyone is broken,and needs to be fixed ." And with that he stormed off, throwing money for the bill at me like a stripper. Anyway I didn't use his money, I used mine. I would return his money if I got the chance to, after all I am an independent bitch.