ʟɪғᴇ ɢᴏᴇs ᴏɴ

After yesterday's catastrophe, I was drained. I woke up with red, puffy eyes and had a slight headache. I had three main course classes today, but they were in the evening so that gave me the whole morning to myself. It was now 6:30am and I was hungry.

 It was now 6:30am and I was hungry

Garcia: "You lied."
Reid: "No I didn't, I am a doctor, so technically it wasn't a lie."
Garcia: "What was it then?"
Reid: "Umm ... second opinion."

I laughed at Spencer as Criminal Minds still played on my TV from last night and I went to turn it down. I was still down in the dumps but I loved this show. I've been watching it since it came out. After it went off, I went to take a hot shower, I used some Dove scented body wash with a loofa to scrub my body, and unscented soap for my paradise. About twenty minutes later I got out feeling satisfied, I dried my body and applied cocoa butter lotion with some smell good. After I was done, it was 9:12am and my headache was gone.

I was feeling better after a hot shower and wanted to show a little skin today. When I was with that hoe ass n*gga I covered up because I didn't want anyone looking at what WAS his. I went into my little closet and pulled out a black tube top dress that was a size bigger than what my size is so that it would be comfortable and not too tight. I wanted to be scandalous today and that was what I was going to do. I also pulled out a blue jean jacket with some black flip flop sandals.

When I had my outfit and sandals on, I pulled my 4c afro into a tight bun and did my edges. Taking a few pictures, I posted them to facebook with the caption "Love is in the air..trying not to breathe😩" I grabbed my keys after and turned off the lights and TV and headed to my silver Honda. I couldn't afford an expensive car but I knew if I saved up I could get one, but I had better things to do with my money than spend it on a car.
Since I was still hungry, I decided to stop at McDonalds and then hit the bookstore to buy me a few books. It was rare that females liked to read, but I did and it took my mind off of things.

I entered McDonalds and ordered some coffee and three bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. Like I said, I was hungry and my stomach was not about to be growling in class this evening. As I was giving the cashier the exact change, a fine ass n*gga walked in with a little girl I'm assuming to be his daughter or niece. She was adorable and her hair was in two pigtails.

"Unc, why Daddy couldn't bring me to McDonalds?.. He promised." She said sadly, I heard her voice breaking up and that meant she probably was going to cry.

He sighed, and then picked her up in his arms. "Yo' Daddy is a very busy man, babygirl. Don't worry Unc here."

My heart clenched at his tenderness. I loved babies and I would've had one of my own if not for the miscarriage two years ago. I was so young and naive then, and I hate to say it, but, I think that was Gods way of telling me I wasn't ready. I wouldn't have mistreated my child or beaten them, but I knew for a fact I wasn't fit to be a mother. I didn't even have a job yet and I was still living with my father. I smiled at them before I heard my number being called.

"Order #26!" The blonde girl shouted with my breakfast bag in her hand. She looked pissed and that made me wonder how long I've been standing here not paying attention.

"Oh, that's me! I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I quickly went to grab my coffee and bag and left out the door as fast as I could because I was embarrassed. Like who just stares at random people walking in and then doesn't hear their number being called? Me. That's who.

——Zaire's POV——
I drove into a McDonald's parking spot with my eleven year old niece in the backseat. She was playing with her barbie dolls but stopped when she saw we were at her favorite place to eat.

"I love this place!!" She said excitedly while unbuckling her seatbelt. I did the same and got out of my Toyota Camry and opened the door for her. Immediately her expression was dull and sad and I thought maybe she wanted to be a big girl and open the door for herself.

"What's wrong, Elliot?" I held her hand as we walked in and she just shook her head and leaned on me. She probably was tired from staying up all last night watching Spongebob. Kids, bra.

Opening the door, this fine chocolate shorty caught my eye. I was dark myself but she was way darker than me, and her skin tone was beautiful! She had on a black dress without the straps and it was knee length and a blue jean jacket, the thing that amazed me was that she ain't have on heels and every hoe I been with loved heels. I licked my lips and was walking over to get her number until Elliot called my name.

"Unc, why Daddy couldn't bring me?" She looked up at me and her eyes were sparkling telling me that my baby was finna cry. I couldn't actually tell her where her Daddy was because she was too young but I didn't want her thinking she ain't wanted.

"Yo' Dad is a busy man, unc got you." I picked her up and started rocking her as I heard her soft sniffles in my shoulder. When I had calmed her down, the chocolate shorty was gone. Damn. I thought. I let her get away, and there's prolly no way I can find her.

After ordering our food, I noticed there was a name tag on the ground. Was this that woman's? When we were done, and I saw that no one claimed it, I picked it up and read it.
Heritage Hills Community College
~ Mahalia Lawson~
Below it, was her picture, age, and the college's address. I placed it in my pocket and waited until my niece finished her breakfast and then we left.

I was gone get that fine ass girl. One way or another.

••••••••••••
Hey, y'all! So far it's 8 of you who's been reading my lil story so far, and, I want to say thank you! Y'all are why I write. Please leave more comments and let me know what you think about this chapter. Constructive criticism is welcomed and let me know if there's something I should change! Excuse any grammatical errors. It's starting off slow now, but drama will be in the next few chapters!

✨Kia