•51• Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

"Taehyung, enough. Please..." Jungkook tried to stop Taehyung because he saw how Yugyeom stumbled back in disbelief, completely astounded by what Taehyung was saying.

"Not just Mr. Song but Felix here too. Your father took away Mr. Lee's life and you know what happened because of that? His mother killed herself and her son was rotting in jail! ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR FATHER!..."

Felix turned away, unable to control his tears and Jungkook let his tears fall too. The words pierced into all of their hearts because this was the inevitable truth.

The truth that someday Yugyeom had to know.

Tzuyu clasped her mouth from sobbing out loud as she knelt down broken, guilt rushing into her. She couldn't believe she helped a man like Hoki.

"....As if, this wasn't all enough, your father kidnapped me! I too would have been dead today if not for Jungkook and Felix!" Taehyung shouted, his eyes pooling with tears when he forced his mind to remember the things he desperately tried to forget.

"Yet your father wanted to hide everything from you! He made Jungkook promise to not tell you anything... I guess my boyfriend was just too foolish to help someone like you, even after all that happened..."

Jungkook leaned onto his boyfriend, holding him silently. Taehyung indeed was Jungkook's safe place wasn't he?

"....Jungkook is the reason why you are alive today, Yugyeom. Ask him and Felix, ask them how it feels like when your loved ones are taken away. Just like that, in a day they lost everything too! I bet you'd know the pain clearly now." Taehyung finished, wiping away his own tears.

Like a bolt out of the blue, it was as if Yugyeom's soul left his body. The truth hit him hard like a sledgehammer and his legs gave up on him. He stumbled to the floor weakly beside Tzuyu.

He didn't deserve to suffer this way, it was not his fault at all. He was suffering for what his father did. All Yugyeom ever wanted was a family and someone to love.

"I, I h-hate myself... I HATE MYSELF!" Yugyeom screamed and Tzuyu reached for him, trying to comfort him but this was out of control, the guilt and pain was too much to take.

The poor boy sobbed, holding his aching head in his hands and Jungkook couldn't help but walk to him. This was his buddy, Yugyeom. Jungkook knelt down in front of him and pulled him into a hug now.

"Yug...I'm so sorry. I, I knew everything but I, I couldn't tell you. I'm sorry that all this happened... Please, forgive me-"

Yugyeom cried on his shoulder, hugging his best buddy back. Yugyeom should have been the one apologizing but there was Jungkook, the selfless man holding him and asking for his pardon.

Yugyeom repeatedly mumbled sorry and Jungkook held him, patting his back, comforting him.

"Kook, I... I don't deserve your f-forgiveness..."

"Yug, you did nothing wrong. I am sorry that you had to go through all of this but this time, it's the last time. I swear." Jungkook said sincerely, breaking the hug now.

"I, I'm sorry too Yug... I couldn't just keep my mouth shut after all this..." Taehyung trailed.

"We can't change what happened but we can definitely change what is about to happen. I need your help Yug... Will you help me?" Jungkook asked and Yugyeom nodded.

"Y-Yes. Let's end this together."

🕸️🕷️🕸️

Yugyeom confessed about how he ended up as Venom and how the fluid used him as a host, sabotaging his weakness. He apologized multiple times, the guilt and regret in his heart increasing as he confessed.