•01• Arachnidism (Prequel)

Clock strikes three in the morning and still the sound of clinking the keyboard continues to echo in the simple, tiny room barely four meters wide, cramped with stuff around every corner, turning the place into a complete mess.

Jungkook, a student and a boy who just entered into his 20s, was highly concentrating on bringing out some research on his computer. He was peering into the screen with so much concentration when it was nothing related to his study or work, but it mattered to him as if it was his whole life.

Exhausted and frustrated with the results, he shut it down to only find his cellphone with hundreds of messages, tagging along with many missed calls. His best friend, Taehyung, reminding him, they had a test tomorrow before midnight but Jungkook was too busy in other things that he forgot.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair and threw his phone on the bed to now open up his books.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

Heavy knocks on the door just interrupted Jungkook's precious sleep who could barely get for an hour. Felt like he had fallen asleep just a while ago.

"Jungkook~ah! It's 7 already, when you gonna get up, you'll be late!" His aunt furiously hit the door twice or thrice.

"Coming~~" a sore voice replied her and she sighed hardly.

"I'll wait downstairs, get a shower quickly."

"On my way" he replied before getting up from his desk.

His back hurts so much after spending whole night on the computer that a whimper left his lips with the soreness. His eyes were puffy and head started aching already.

He still managed to get himself down after taking a proper bath and grooming himself.

"Jungkook~ah, you want some jam too?" His aunt asked as he reached downstairs.

He just nodded.

"Ah no good morning?" She asked again and Jungkook pecked her bangs on the forehead before whispering a 'good morning'.

He settled himself on the chair and grabbed his plate to now feed himself. His eyes were almost about to pop out of his sockets as he stared into the space.

His aunt was watching his actions and snapped her fingers to get his attention.

He came back to reality and fed himself quickly.

"Ah calm down just eat nicely."

"Sorry ma but I just have to leave earlier." He pushed his plate and got up to put his shoes on.

"Take care of yourself. Have a nice day." She greeted and Jungkook nodded smiling.

Jungkook straightened his back and prepared himself before being scolded by his best friend for ignoring his messages and calls.

He walked out of his home to only find Taehyung with crossed arms and narrowed eyes, peering straight at Jungkook who just nervously rubbed his nape.

"Um- well, I" Jungkook was about to form a sentence but Taehyung interrupted.

"Shut up or else we'll get late." Taehyung walked along the pathway as Jungkook followed behind quickly. Just as Jungkook was expecting the outbreak of questions, Taehyung as if on time began talking- correction yelling at him.

"First of all where were you busy last night and what the hell is wrong with you, didn't you sleep well? And if you were not sleeping then what were you doing instead? And don't tell me you haven't prepared for the test. Our seats are already away and I won't help you with it. Wait, are you even listening to me or what?"