twelve

I wake up to my third morning at Matthew's home to hear him talking onto the phone in the bathroom. I sit up and cover my nude body with his maroon bed sheets. I rub my eyes to rid myself of the tiredness and glance at the clock to see it's nearing ten in the morning. I watch the door open to reveal him in his boxers and a smile crosses his face when he sees that I'm awake.

"Well good morning, sunshine." He walks towards me and plops himself down on top of me. I let out a grunt from his weight. He swiftly moves so that I'm top of him. I adjust myself so that I'm straddling him. Matthew's hands land onto my hips and giving them a light squeeze. I trace my index finger along his prominent cheekbone.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask and he smirks.

"Really good. Our late night activities really tired me out." He laughs and rubs circles with his thumb on my hipbone. I laugh along with him and shake my head. I lay down so my body is flush on top of his and his arms wrap around me.

"You're so warm." I mumble into his shoulder and he laughs.

"Maybe if you put some clothes on you'd be warmer."

I lightly hit his shoulder and let out a laugh, "We literally have the same amount of clothes on." I gesture towards my underwear and he cocks an eyebrow.

"How about we change that?" He says before flipping me over so he's hovering over me. The action makes me giggle, but I nod my head before biting my lip.

-

I wake up on the leather couch from Matthew nudging me. I let out a groan and stretch my body. I must've fallen asleep while we were watching tv.

"Hey, hey, we gotta go to the store." He whispers and I furrow my eyebrows.

"For what?" I yawn and he flashes me a wide smile.

"I'm all out of ice cream." He simply states and I let out a laugh. It's always something new with this boy.

"Matt, it's almost midnight, can't we just wait?" I say before I turn back around and close my eyes. I feel him patting my thigh to keep me awake.

"No, I want ice cream now." He demands like a child. I try to press my hand on his to stop him from patting my thigh, but his strength overpowers mine. I look back up to him giving me his puppy dog eyes.

I pout my bottom lip out, "But it's so cold."

I watch as he jumps up from the couch, "You can borrow one of my sweaters! Any sweater!"

I stretch one more time before I stand up and rub eyes. I trudge up the stairs and I hear Matthew's steps behind me. I turn the light on his his closet and my eyes widen at how many sweaters he owns.

"Holy shit, and I thought I had a lot of sweaters." I turn to him and he flashes me another smile.

I pick through all of them. There are so many that I like it's so hard to choose just one. I keep looking through until my eyes land on a purple one with a skeleton knitted on it. Before I pull it off the hanger I take off the shirt I'm wearing to put the sweater on.

I turn around with my arms out to show him the sweater I picked out. Adoration fills his eyes and I blush a little bit.

"How'd you know that was my favorite one?" He smiles and I shrug my shoulders. He has told me multiple times how Halloween is the only holiday that matters to him, so I figured he had to love this one.

"Haven't you figured out by now that I can read minds?" I ask and head over to my side of the bed where my shoes are sitting. I hear Matthew protesting at what I said as I slide my shoes on.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but I'm the one with the magical abilities in this relationship." I turn around to see his hands on his hips and a smile on his lips.

My heart fluttered when he said relationship. So, I'm his girlfriend, right? Or am I just a mistress? I mean, technically having a mistress is a relationship. What are we?

Matthew sits down next to me and wraps his arms around me, "Hey kid, lets go get some ice cream. I'll let you pick." He winks and heads for his bedroom door. I look down to see him in his signature purple converse. I can't help but smile.

I shiver as soon as I step out of the car when we get to the grocery store. Matthew hears my teeth chattering and runs up to me. I laugh as he embraces me in a bear hug which quickly turns to him throwing my body over his shoulder. I let out a gasp when I realize I'm now upside down. My body moves with each stride he takes and it feels like I'm slipping more and more.

"Please don't drop me. Please don't drop m-oh my god! Please Matthew!" I yell at him and he only chuckles in return.

"Is there a problem?" He questions and my eyes land on his butt. I smirk and slap it as hard as I can.

"No, actually, I kinda like the view." I giggle before slapping it again.

"Hey, stop that!" He exclaims and slaps my butt back making me gasp.

"Matthew Gray Gubler, there are people!" I yell back and he puts me down when we get inside.

He looks around with a confused face, "Where?"

I look around to see the grocery store is completely deserted besides a few employees every here and there. We walk over to the ice cream isle hand in hand, which he eventually breaks when he sees his favorite brand is on sale.

"Oh my god?! Two for six?" He looks up and closes his eyes, "Thank you, God."

I laugh at his dramatics and look at the many flavors, "Hmm, Chocolate Therapy sounds heavenly." I look up at him and nods.

"This is perfect. You pick four and I pick four." He opens the freezer and hurriedly picks his four flavors.

I furrow my eyebrows at him, "There's no way we'll be able to finish that much ice cream!"

"Are you doubting me, Lydia?" He fakes a hurt face and I roll my eyes.

"Actually, I'm doubting myself. I'll pick two."

I hear him groan, "You're messing up the sale! Now I have to pick two." He dramatically shakes his head and his mouth is a flat line.

I furrow my eyebrows, "How am I messing up the sale?" 

I watch as he stands there counting in his head, "Oh...I can still get four." He mumbles and then beams at me. He grabs my hand before we walk to pay for our ice cream.

I walk ahead of him out of the grocery in hopes the car might still be warm.

"Lydia, turn around." I do as he says and he rushes towards me to put me back on his shoulder. I let out a shriek and I hear him laugh hysterically.

"You're too easy!" He exclaims and I pinch his butt. I hear him let out a yelp, and now I'm the one laughing.

"You're gonna pay for that." He states his voice husky.

"Oh am I?" I tease and play with the hem of his sweater.

"You'll see when we get home." He says before placing me back on the ground. He uses his index finger to tilt my chin up to look at him. My lips melt with his as he kisses me passionately.

I can't wait to get home.