six

Today's my last day in Los Angeles. I have to leave a day before Matthew, and I hate it. I don't want to go back to reality. I don't want to back to work and go back home to my empty apartment while he's going back to his wife. I don't want to wake up without Matthew's arms wrapped around me.

"I'm gonna miss you." He sighs as he picks up my last bag.

"I know...I wish I could stay." I mumble. I got too swept up in this dream, and now I'm breaking my own heart. This is temporary.

"I mean, you could." He stares pleadingly at me.

I wasn't able to get the full five days off from work, and I didn't think that would be hurting me as much as it is right now. I walk over to him and cup his face.

"You know I can't do that, but it's only a day. You'll be back harassing me at my job in no time." I smile and kiss his lips. I can feel his smile. I feel my phone vibrate and I see that my ride has arrived. I hear Matthew let out a sigh.

"Is that your car?" He asks and I can hear the disappointment. I nod my head and look back up at him. The days went by so fast. They went by too fast.

"I'll help you with your bags." He tells me as he picks up my heaviest bag.

Matthew gives me one final kiss before I get into the car. I hide my tears until we've left the hotel lot.