five

I wake up with head on Matthew's bare chest and my arm wrapped around his torso. I feel his hand placed on my bare hip slowly making circles with his thumb. I look up to see him staring at the ceiling with a small smile on his face.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask and he looks down at me.

"Uhh, maybe about thirty minutes." He says. His free hand moves a piece of hair that had fallen in front of my eyes.

"You could have woken me up." I say before I move to lay on my back. I stretch my arms up and let out a yawn. I can hear my bones cracking as I do.

I look over to see that he hasn't taken his eyes off of me, "You're breathtaking."

I shake my head, "You're too much."

I feel him reach underneath me and pull me on top of him. I let out a giggle as he squeezes me against him. I feel my back crack and let out a sigh.

"Jesus, are you a chiropractor now?" I look at him and he laughs.

"You're like a glow stick."

I lightly slap his chest, "Shut up, Matthew Gray."

Matthew connects my lips to his. I ease into the kiss and move my lips with his. His hand rubs my thigh as he roughens the kiss. My lips travel down his jaw, to his neck, to his chest. My body freezes when his phone rings. I raise my eyes to the bedside table where his phone sits. Matthew doesn't move to answer it, and eventually it stops ringing. I move my eyes back to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he could feel my rapid heart beat on his chest considering how close we are.

"You don't want to answer that?" I question him and he purses his lips.

"No."

"What if-"

"You're the only thing I care about right now." He smiles and flips me onto my back. My arms wrap around his neck. He really is beautiful. My index finger traces the small wrinkles around his eyes. The man is always smiling, so I'm not surprised they've formed. My finger wanders down to his scratchy beard along his jaw. I take in every detail on his face. I don't ever want to forget it.

I reach my head up and lightly kiss his nose. Matthew smiles down at me and stares into my eyes. I want to tell him I love him. I've never loved anyone like I love him. I can be myself around him. I don't have to pretend to be someone different because he accepts everything about me.

"I adore you." I whisper. It's the closest I'll ever come to telling him how I feel. I could never tell him I love him.