|| C H A P T E R 49 ||

"Yes she's here with me. Rachel she's fine. Okay, okay, I understand. Rachel please listen to me," Aunt mel looks over at me from on the phone.

I sit on her couch, laying on my back, looking up at her. The tv played supernatural softly in the background. Mel turned back to look out the window, well rather opening.

In her living room she has this big glass wall that over looked the ocean. I absolutely love it. It let all the sunshine in. Her home is really modern and artsy. A pulse is that it's a beach home.

"No you do not need to come get her," I sit up at the mention of coming to get me. I don't want to leave. I don't ever want to go back, "let her stay with me for a little bit. Cool off. I can even put her in online school. Let her finish out the semester here, then you can decide what to do."

Online school doesn't sound to bad. I would want to go to actual school. Maybe I can convince her. If mother will send me all my paper work!

"Rachel. You and I both know she needs a fresh start. I don't know what's going on there, but if she's been acting out this much-" She stops talking.

I can hear my mother yell on the other side, "you don't know what she needs Melody, you are not a mother!"

"I may not be a mother, but I can read your daughter better than you can. She will stay with me for the remainder of the semester. I will take good care of her."

Leaving Mel to finish the rest of the conversation I turn my attention back to the tv. I didn't get to far into the show before Mel sat on the opposite end of the L shaped couch.

"Okay kiddo," she sat with her hands clasped in her lap.

I sat up, "so what's the verdict?"

"I negotiated for you to stay with me until the end of the semester-" I didn't let her finish before jumping up and throwing my arms around her.

"Thank you, thank you thank you!"

"Okay okay hold up."

I let her go, "there's more?"

"Yes, always hun. You can stay with me under a few conditions,"

I nod my head, "okay, okay, what are they?"

"Your moms rules not mine remember, one-" she hold duo a finger, "no more putting holes in your body, and no permanent marks meaning no tattoos. Two-" she holds up another finger, "I register you in actual school, no homeschooling your mom doesn't trust me enough for that. Three-" she holds up another finger, "you have to FaceTime your mom once a week to update her on your life."

"I can live with those rules!"

"They're not the worst huh?" She winks at me.

Again I jump up and giver her a hug, "you are a life saver auntie."

"I know, I know I'm the best."

I sigh and let her go, "I have to agree with that."

She sits back down and pats the spot next to her, "Now you wanna tell me why you've been acting out?"

"That's a long story," I look down and start fighting with my fingers.

"Then start from the beginning hun."

And I do. I tell her everything. From Grace, to Terra, and back to Grace again.

💞💞✨✨🤍🤍

Aunt Mel took in everything I told her no questions asked. She told me the ground rules for her house which was there are none, and then proceeded to show me around.

"This is your room," she pushes the door panels open and we walk in, "I know it's not much, but it's a start. you can decorate how ever you'd like."

I looked around the room. it had a full sized bed, dresser with its mirror, and surfboards laid here and there.

"It's perfect."

"I know it's not perfect. I just use this room to store my surf stuff, that's what's in the closet by the way."

I laugh, "don't sweat it aunt."

"How about this, we go to the store buy a few things you need, go to the high school, see if we can get you registered for school, and have dinner?"

I nod my head, "sounds like a good idea for me."

She smiles, "okay. Let's go. It's only noon and we have a full day ahead of us."

We walked out my room and back to the living room. Aunt Mel grabbed her keys, then we left.

First place we went is the school. Mel wanted to get me registered before they closed.

The school is fifteen minutes from Mels house. Whenever we arrived the front parking lot is jam packed with cars. Most likely teachers cars. Seeing as it's a Thursday classes were still in session.

We finally found a spot to park and I followed Mel out the car. Side by side we walked into the front office.

"Hello welcome in! How can I help you?" The front desk lady greeted us through the plastic screen.

"Yes, um I would like to enroll my niece in school. To start as soon as possible." Melody talked for me.

"Do you happen to be Brooklyn Farewell?"

I nodded my head.

"Your mom called already. We have all the paperwork lined out already, we just need a guardians signature. While your aunt fills out the paper work we have a tour guide lined up. If that's okay? Your mom thought you'd wanna see the school."

I shook my head, "not quite yet. Can I get shown around when I start? When can I start?"

"Tomorrow. Odd thing to start on a Friday, but you can get acquainted with things. If you two wanna come around and into the office."

The big metal door buzzed signaling it's unlocked. I follow Mel through and we walked into the main office. The same lady greeted us yet again and we followed her back.

"You can meet the principal tomorrow morning, seeing as she is not in right now."

We took a seat in the office like cubicle. Mel began filling out the paper work.

🌊🌊🐚🐚🏝🏝

By The time we got back to Mels house the sun is setting. I haul all my stuff into my room while Mel rushes around gathering her things.

"Are you leaving?"

She nods her head stuffing a few things in a bag, "I have an art show tonight. Well right now it started thirty minutes ago, but I'm always late to them."

I laugh, "of course."

"I will be back in the morning. Usually the shows end late, so I stay in my loft in town instead of coming all the way back out here."

"Okay."

"Don't do anything I would do, and um have a great first day!"

"Will do bye!" I yell after her as she runs out the door.

As the door slammed shut behind her I thought about how I'm supposed to get to school tomorrow. Well I'll guess we'll figure it out in the morning.

Walking back to my room I began taking everything off the walls and putting it out in the hallway. Once the walls are stripped bare I begin putting my stuff up.

The whole process of setting up my room takes a few hours. By the time I finish my stomach is growling. Grabbing my phone from the charger I begin walking towards the kitchen.

While shuffling through the fridge I scroll through all the notifications. None that are too important, so I set my phone on the counter and begin making a sandwich.

An interesting end to junior year.

Feedback?

Again I'm busy with work, school, and my social life. Sorry for being dead on here.