|| C H A P T E R 47 ||

Did it feel right? Yes. Was it right? No, probably not.

"I'm sorry," I pulled away. My hair began to stick to my face, as the rain picked up, and drenched us.

"Sorry? For?" She ran her hand through her drenched hair.

"That was..." I trailed off.

"A mistake?" She pulled her jacket closer to her. Not like it was helping any. We both are already soaked.

"That's- no- I," I didn't know what to say. With a groan I throw my hands up in the air.

Grace shakes her head backing up, "it's fine. You know it's whatever. I'm freezing, and soaking wet. Not in the good way either, so I'll go."

"Stop."

"Why should I?" She asks still backing up.

"Because, I stopped for you. I didn't walk away."

Now this made her stop.

"Grace I forgive you."

She shakes her head, "I can't forgive myself for what I did to you. You're better off with Terra."

"And you? Who are you better off with?"

She shrugs, "who knows."

With that she turns and walks away. I didn't stop her, but instead watched as she walked across the parking lot. When I didn't see her anymore I walked back inside.

Being drenched from head to toe I didn't know what to do but go to the nurses office.

"Oh honey what happened?" Mrs. Good, the nurse, asked when I walked inside.

"I- uh- got locked outside. Had to walk around the whole building in order to get back in."

"Oh sweetheart, would you like for me to call your mom?"

I nod my head, "yes please."

She types something on her computer and then picks up the phone, "yes Mrs. Farewell, I have Brooklyn in my office." The nurse looks me up and down. "She seems to have come down with a cold." She winks at me.

"Okay well, your dad is on the way to pick you up," she says after putting down the phone.

I nod my head a begin shivering.

It took my dad ten minutes to get to school. He didn't come inside but instead I went out to his truck.

"Everything alright Brookie?"

I shrug leaning up against the door. The rain began to let up, I starred at the water droplets on the window.

"I don't want to talk about it."

He left it at that and reversed out of the parking lot. The ten minute drive home is silent. He only speaks when we come to a stop in our driveway.

"I'll talk to your mother about getting your car back." He looks at me still holding on to the steering wheel.

I nod my head, "are you going back to work?"

He looks down nodding his head, "I'll be back in an hour."

I open the door, "oh okay." Without another word I get out the car. Pulling my house key out of my bag and open the front door.

⛈⛈☔️☔️🌫🌫

It's 3 am when I'm awoken from sleep by a siren. I got to my window to see what all the ruckus is. Upon seeing that it's an ambulance in front of our house I quickly throw on some clothes and race down stairs.