|| C H A P T E R 54 ||

"Your parents- mom in particularly- are not going to like this," Aunt Mel walked in from behind the couch and made her way around to the big circular table in the middle of the room.

The table separates the big living space into two. A reading room, and tv room all in one. My,erm, friend and I sit in the reading room since it has the more comfortable couch.

The striped print couch was ugly, and has two pillows for this very fact, trying to distract from the fact that the couch is butt ugly. I grab one of the flower printed pillows and hug it.

"I didn't know you'd be back in town this early."

"It's almost dinner time. Will your friend be joining us?"

"I'd love to," she smiles up at my aunt with an ever so charming face like we didn't just get caught making out.

"Lovely! I will let you two know when it's ready!" she turns on her heels and walks towards the kitchen.

"Rene what's wrong with you?"

"I wasn't supposed to accept a dinner invite from your aunt?" she fakes a oops expression.

I roll my eyes and stand up, "come on. Let's go to my room like we should've done in the beginning."

She stood up and follows after me, "this is the third time Ive accidentally ran into her. The introduction was bound to happen sooner or later. You've had strict parents one would think you'd be better at hiding things."

I roll my eyes at her as we walk inside my bedroom.

Rene knows just about everything about my old life. The good and the bad. She was one of the first people I met when I moved here. With her being chill and pretty easy going we hit it off pretty quickly. As we bonded our feelings for each other grew and here we are now.

A month into summer and we still don't have a label for what we are.

I sigh and grab my phone off the charger. She immediately takes a seat on my futon on the opposite wall of my bed.

"So should I be nervous? To have dinner with your aunt?"

I shake my head, "she's pretty chill. Nothing like my mom."

"Then I have nothing to worry about." she makes her self comfortable.

"Unless you do something weird like that," I looked up from my phone and she's sitting up to unzipped her pants, belt undone and everything, she head leans her back back and looks at peace.

This is what I loved so much about her.

The skin on her stomachs glowed and her long brown hair caught the shine of the sunlight. A truly beautiful sight I couldn't help but take a picture of her.

"That better not be the click of your phone taking a picture," she peaked one eye open and looked at me

I smiled and shook my head, "of course not!" and took another picture.