Author's Note

This is the third book in a series, so it is advisable to read The Light of Elysium and The Queen of Elysium first. That said, this does have plenty of new characters so could be read as a stand alone.

There are four main characters: Elissa (heroine from the previous 2 books), her two children Aurora and Ethon, and finally Raphael. Each chapter will have a single POV, which will be highlighted at the top of the first page. There are quite a lot of other people to keep track of, so I will include key characters in annexes at the end of the book along with my casting ideas.

I would rate this PG13 - there area some scenes of a romantic nature, but these are not graphic and the language is pretty clean. Elysium is a diverse place, so it's people have various coloured skin (including silver) and differing orientations. There is a pantheon of gods, who like to meddle in the lives of mortals.

This is a work of fiction, set in the magical realm of Elysium which is made up of eight kingdoms. As a reminder these are:

Avalon - the smallest kingdom, which was formed after the Great War and is home to Elysium's overall capital city. The island of Avalon is at the very heart of Elysium and is ruled by Elissa, the High Queen.

The Elven kingdom - situated in the north. The capital is Alfheimr. There are light and dark elves, who just about tolerate each other having been on opposing sides in the Great War. Light elves are artist & refined but emotionally restrained, whereas dark elves are more hedonistic, sometimes sadistic. It is co-ruled by Queen Celestia and her half-brother King Morpheus.

The Dragonite kingdom - situated in the east. The capital is Babylon. Dragonites have an inner fire and are a very passionate race. They follow the goddess Ishtar. Dragonites from the more powerful families bond with a dragon at birth, with whom they can telepathically communicate. It is ruled by Queen Seraphina.

The Elemental kingdom - situated in the south. The capital is Essentia. Elementals have an affinity with one of the elements and can control them to varying degrees depending on an individuals power. Nobles can sometimes control more than one element. It is ruled by King Sirius.

The Animage kingdom - situated in the West. The capital is Arcadia. Animages can transform into animals - some families only have one form so are more like shifters, whereas more powerful families can transform into a multitude of animals. The lion and the bear are the symbols of the king's. It is ruled by King Leo.

The Rainbow Isles - they float in the air above the other kingdoms. The capital is on the Diamond Isle. There are eight islands, each associated with a different gemstones.

The kingdom under the Mountain - a massive mountain arcing range between the west, north and east. The dwarves reside within its depths. They hate going outside and only do so under sufferance.

The endless sea - situated below Essentia. The capital is Atlantis. Populated by mer people, who have tails underwater, but legs on land. It is ruled by King Triton, who also has dominion over the nymphs who live in the waterways throughout Elysium