See you soon Darling,
Lots of love,
Niall

P.S.: if you can't guess it, since you're obviously not leaving the city, the address is written on the bottom.

I put the address on my gps and follow the instructions to get there. Confused for a moment but once I reach the destination and realise that it's the London Irish Center. I'm guessing Niall picked it as a representation of Ireland in London. I walk in not sure where to go, but once inside, I saw a sign for the bar area and my guts just told me to go there.

'Conor!! For a second I thought that I'm at the wrong place.'
'No, no. You're definitely in the right place.'
'So Niall's not here either.'
'No. But he told me to pass a message. But before that...' He takes a deep breath then continues, 'We might not be the closest friends ever. Your my best friend's girlfriend. I have to be honest with you. For a while at the beginning when you came back, I kinda resented you for Niall's pain. I had to watch him be miserable for three years, desperately trying to make him feel better and then you came back and he acted as if nothing happened. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to say anything, and I know that we got better through the years. But I just need to say I'm sorry. Niall can be a pain in the arse. But you're both so in love with each other that you make each other's lives better just by being in it. And you brighten up all the lives of those around you as well not just his. So thank you for being in our lives.'
'Aww!! Conor! You're the sweetest! Come here!' I pout and hug him. 'You don't have anything to apologise for. You're Niall's best friend first and foremost. It's your job to take care of him and I thank you for always being by his side.'

He smiles and kisses my cheek before clearing his throat and pull out a letter from his back pocket.

'I think this is for you.' He says handing me another letter.

Dear Darling,

I chose Conor to deliver this letter because after you, he's one of the most important people in my life, and it's important for me that you two make amends and have a good relationship.

I hope this is a step closer for you to be able to go to Ireland. I understand how bad the damages were from what I've done. But it's my home and I want you to be a part of it, specially with Christmas coming up in a few months.

There's one more spot you need to go to before we get reunited. One more city, the tie between LA and London, the place we always end the evening to catch up with our friends whenever we get back from California. Our pub where so many memories has been made.

You're little whisperer is waiting for you there. Yes I know now how you've been keeping tabs on me while you were in Europe. He let your little secret slip one night when we were drunk.

See you soon Darling,
Lots of love,
Niall

Hurriedly, I say goodbye to Conor and go to our pub to meet Lewis. On the way there my mind is spinning trying to figure out what's at the end of this chase. There's more to it than a trip down memory lane. But the closer I get the more nervous I feel.

'Lewis!!' I cheer coming into the pub and finding him.

We hug briefly and then he hands me a shot.

'Isn't it a little bit early for that?' I chuckle taking it from him but not drinking it just yet.

'What're you talking about! It's the afternoon! Happy hour just started! Plus, you're gonna need it.'

'Alright. Let me have it.'

'I'm not telling you anything! It's a surprise.'

'So no long deep meaningful talks like the others?'

'Nahh, fuck that! I'm here for one purpose. Enjoy a pint with a friend.'

'That's a shot not a pint.' I point out.

'Yeah, it's coming, that why we should drink this now!'

We clink our tiny glasses together before we down its content at once. Shortly after our pints of Guiness gets here and we start drinking silently enjoying the music playing in the background.

'So any idea what all of this is about? The rendez-vous, the letters...'

'Well, besides Niall thinking we don't have anything better to do. Yeah, I have a very good idea. But I'm not telling you.'

'Damn it!'

'You're gonna love it though. Don't think too much about it.'

'Will do!'

We finish our drinks and then he finally hands me the, hopefully, last envelope. I open it and all I find is an All-Access pass for the O2 Arena. Lewis notifies me that the car taking me there is ready and waiting for me outside. I get into the car, greeting the driver. We drive for a while and I start feelings nauseous from all the nervousness and anticipations. When we finally reach the arena, I'm accompanied around the place to where the stage and seats are.

I'm left alone with barely any light in the large room. I carefully walk down the stairs to the open space where people would be standing in a concert. When I finally get there, The screen behind the stage light up and I see shadows of people, I'm guessing the band and hopefully Niall. Photos of Niall and I start passing one after the other while a live piano and a violin start playing the instrumental of Falling Slowly. By the first chorus, guitar, bass and drums come into the mix, but still no vocals. Still no sign of Niall. Not until the bridge.

'I've said all I have to say already. Chloe I love you. You're my darling, the one I'll be spending the rest of my life with. And I know you love me too. We've had our ups and downs. We're not at the end of the line just yet. Not for a while anyway. Hopefully. But we have reached a point where there's only one question left to answer.'

On the screen, after one of our most recent selfies fades away, to words "Will you marry me?" show up, and immediately after a spotlight hitting Niall turns on. I'm finally able to see him. Down on one knee. With a ring in his hand.

'Yes!' I croak feeling all emotional by all this.

'What's that Darling? I didn't quite hear you!' He laughs.

'I said yes!' I scream out and laugh at our silliness.

'You hear that boys? She said yes!!' Niall cheers, jumps off stage and run to me, while his band starts playing Marry You by Bruno Mars.

'Just out of curiosity,' I start after we share a brief passionate kiss. 'If I said no, what song would they be playing right now?'

'So Sick by Neyo?' He mumbles and I burst out in laughter.

'Well, that's one flashback you'd rather not have!' I laugh.

'Thank you for saying yes.' He says half laughing.

'Thank you for asking me!'

The End