10.4 - Forever

*Around two years later*

Chloe's POV

I wake up alone, unexpectedly, cause I thought Niall would be right here next to me. I check the time on my phone before I get up, then I go round the house before getting started with my morning routine, just to see if he's here but he's not. Not feeling like sticking around the house for long, after the shower, I go to our shared closet and to my surprise, I find an outfit ready for me to put on. Just a simple high waisted ankle length skinny black jeans, paired with a plain white tank top and a loose-fitted open peach cardigan. I take the clothes off of the hanger only to find an envelope taped to it. My heart starts beating faster, worried about the content of the letter. I quickly open it and sit on the bench and start reading.

Dear Darling,

The first time you sent a letter, it wasn't pleasant to read and it left me brokenhearted. But I'm not gonna do that with you. I'm gonna do quite the opposite. I met you about six years ago, and even though I haven't seen you for three years of it, and overall it's all been an emotional rollercoaster, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love you so much with all my heart.

For the rest, you need to go to the place where it all started. Your Paris in London.

See you soon Darling,
Lots of love,
Niall

I get dressed, fix my hair and put on some light make up. I put on my shoes and check I have everything I need in my purse before I put the letter inside and go to Little Venice.

A 30-somthing minute trip in buses and trains later, I get there. As usual, I go directly to my spot, but unexpectedly, I find Izz instead of Niall.

'Hey! what are you doing here?' I ask as I sit down.
'Been a while since you've been here.'
'Yeah. Things have changed.'
'You're happy.'
'I am yeah.' I smile while staring at the water.
'Do you think about your past often?'
'What do you mean?'
'Like do you even just stop and think about all the things that got you here. Your life before Niall and your life after.'
'I mean yeah... I was a mess... and I can't exactly say I have my life all figured out by now. But it's stable enough to just stop and take a deep breath and just enjoy the ride.'
'Any regrets?'
'No! What's with the deep randon conversation? You know I live my life with no regrets. All the mistakes I've done, no matter how horrendous, they taught me to become better. And that's what matters. Without my bad days and bad experiences, my good ones don't just have no meaning, they wouldn't even exist.'
'Right...'

After that weirdly enough, misplaced serious moment, we get back to what we do best, listen to music while chatting and joking around. But we get interrupted by a call that sounded a lot more like an alarm than anything else. She turns it off and then fishes another letter out of her purse.

The envelope has a 2 written on it. I open it and read it.

Dear Darling,

Paris is the place you were brought up in, and I love it so much more for that.

When you brought me here a little less than 6 years ago, it was one of our first moments where we opened up to each other. That day I knew so much more about you. And arguably, if I want to pin point it to a single day, a single moment, the point where I started falling in love with you, that would be one of my first guesses.

Sorry I wasn't here today but I thought you might need a moment with your best friend.

Come find me in the place you're still avoiding. The place I hurt you so bad for the first time. Let me make it up to you.