5.4 - Now

*Last Month - September*

Niall's POV

'What are you reading?' Con asks me. 'You've been intensely staring at your phone for a while now. 

'I'm reading the reviews on Chloe's book.'

'And? They're talking a lot about you?'

'Not really, most aren't even mentioning me. But the book is doing very well. It's a bestseller.'

'Well, she is talented.'

'That she is. I need to see her again.'

'I can't believe you haven't seen her since June! I really thought you'd go after her.'

'And say what?'

'Yeah, I don't know.'

'Like, I want us to get back together. But if I force myself on her like I did in Paris all those years ago, nothing will be fixed really. We need to randomly run into each other.'

'And how are you supposed to do that?' He asks me.

'We make random happen on purpose!'

'Yeah, cause that's a healthier approach!'

'Shut up Con.'

I pull up my phone and call Izz.

'Hey! Can you talk?'

'Yeah, but you have to be fast.'

'Right. What does her schedule look like soon?'

'She's going on a promo tour in the US over the next month. She's gonna be on TV! Ellen and some morning shows!'

'Wow! That is huge! And awesome! Alright. Thanks.'

'You're welcome.'

I hang up and call someone else.

'Hey! James!'

'Niall!! What's up buddy?'

'I need a favour!'

'Yeah? I just got the news that you're coming to my show next month. Do you want something special done?'

'Kind of? I know this is a long shot, but I was kinda hoping I can ask you for a specific guest on the episode I'll be in.'

'Alright? Who is it?'

'Chloe? The girl who wrote my bio? She's got a new book out and it's getting lots of talks and she's doing a few interviews on morning shows in LA next week.'

'Isn't she your ex?'

'Maybe...'

'Are you using me to get back with her?'

'No...'

'I'm not helping you if you're gonna lie to me.'

'Alright. I just need to randomly run into her so that we could talk.'

'And this is the first thing you thought about? Damn. No wonder why your love life is always so complicated!'

'James!'

'Alright! Alright! I'll see what I can do.'

'Thanks, James.'

'But you really owe me.'