Memories

Return to Neverland

"Don't say you didn't miss me. We both know that would be a lie, princess."

SAMIS POV

There it is.

I thought as we approached the dark island. It looked sadder than before but I didn't care to much. I was here for Henry then I was out again. I didn't want to waste much time and I certainly didn't want to see Peter.

The dark island was surrounded with clouds and it was foggy. It cleared as we neared it even closer. I stood by Killian the entire time not wanting to lose him again. I looked down at my hand and twirled the ring on my finger, my fear and hurt showing.

"Hey," Killian speaks up from beside me. "It's going to be ok. If he pulls anything I will make sure that boy is killed." I weakly smile at the promise but keep my eyes to the growing island.

We reach the shores of Neverland and I breathe in Neverland's air. Memories transport me back to the times I spent here by the familiarity of the smell. Killian pats my back before walking forward to meet the rest of the group and I quickly follow.

Emma has some weird speech thing until something catches my ear making me start listening.

"I know there's a lot of history and a lot of hate."

"Actually, I quite fancy you from time to time, when you're not yelling at me." I elbow Killian in the ribs for that and he mouth an 'ow' at the impact.

"We don't need to be friends." She continues, obviously annoyed with Killian's flirtations. "What we need to know is the only way to get Henry back is cooperation."

"With her? With them?" David remarks as he points to Regina then Killian and I. "No, Emma, we have to do this the right way." Killian looks at him offended of what he just said.

"No, we don't. We just need to succeed. And the way we do that is by just being who we are-"

'Oh JuSt Be WhO yOu ArE.' said every hero ever.

"A hero, a villain, a pirate, a- well whatever you are." She stumbles as she points to me and I raise my eyebrow. "It doesn't matter which because we're gonna need all those skills, wether we can stomach them or not."

"And what's your skill, 'Savior'" Regina retorts and a smirk grows on my face. You know, I was starting to like this Regina. She wasn't afraid to question anyone and everyone.

"I'm a mother, and now I'm also your leader. So either help me get my son back or get out of the way." I roll my eyes at her as she starts walking away. The nerve of her to think she can control me.

We hike our way through the jungle of Neverland with Killian and I leading the way. I was moving plants to the side with ease as Killian chopped them down with his blade.

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead." I inform them as they all follow behind the two of us. Regina was not having any of this.

"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma questions, unsure of what I know of this place.

"From there, we should be able to see everything." Killian adds. "Including where he's keeping your son." I nod in agreement as he answers her question. The feeling of being back here was overwhelming. I wanted to run to Peter but I also wanted to run away. To go back to Storybrooke.

"You know, I could've just poofed us up here in an instant." Regina groans from all the walking. She was not exactly dressed for the woods.

"Well where's the fun in that." I turn to her with a smirk. I roll my eyes and make my smirk fade as she doesn't return the favor. "Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about and only we can guide us past them." I continue as I turn to face the lush greenery once more.

"She's right. She ruled this place before. If she says hiking up is the best way, then we listen." I nod my head in thanks to Emma as she finally took a villains side for once.

We run into some Dreamshade but get by pretty quickly and continue to trudge through the muggy forest. Then I see it. His camp, my home. I take in the beautiful view not even denying the fact I missed this life anymore. But I didn't want to come back and I hated Peter Pan.

"Up here! We made it." David informs as he too steps to where the cliff dropped off.

"Pan's lair should be just... right..." Killian starts looking for the camp in the mess of buildings. It had grown a lot since I was here and honestly it was a little hard to focus on just one thing, but I could still spot the camp and I smiled to myself.

"Where? All I see is jungle." Regina snaps. Yeah no shit genius. 

"Aye, the dark jungle." Killian takes his spyglass and peers over the jungle. "Its, uh, grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland." He admitted. I know they wanted to find the camp but I couldn't give the location away for some reason. I wanted to save Henry but I wanted to save something else too. I just didn't know what.

"So this nature hike was for nothing."
"Hook may of led us astray, but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle.
"Not exactly."

The words kind of faded away as I took a step back from the group quietly and sneaked away. I wanted to see my home again and I know Killian would never let me do it by myself. I knew I had to do it either way so once I was a safe distance from the group, I just ran.

The feeling was so perfect. I forgot that Neverland had such a distinct smell and feeling to it. I missed this so much and I didn't even realize it.

"So it is true."

I skidded myself to a halt, almost sliding on the muddy floor, but I caught my balance in time.

"You really are back." The voice was music to my ears and my hear skipped a beat. I knew who it was. I felt who it was. I slowly turned to face him with a scowl on my face. My eyes met his green ones and my heart melted. I closed my eyes and regained myself again.

"What's it to you." I sass as I cross my arms. He starts to circle me like a shark in water. "Not like you missed me." 

"Oh, you have no idea." He whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine and back up.

"So Peter Pan missed me hmm?" I taunt as I turn around to face him as he was now standing behind me.

"Don't say you didn't miss me. We both know that would be a lie, princess." The nickname is what got me this time. It brought me back to a time when I could be myself and wasn't always around people who wouldn't let me be myself. A villain.

"I didn't miss you. You fixed me, then broke me." I snarl at him as he walks closer to me. I stand my ground and look up at him with no fear on my expression.

"Don't lie, love." Now we were so close that we were almost touching. Then tension rose once more before he spoke. "Now answer this. Did you really move on?" He didn't sound upset anymore at the thought. I was sure he would be more upset giving the state I left him in.

"Oh yeah." 

"Then why do you still wear this?" Peter grabbed my hand forcefully and brought it to where my eyes could see it. I yank my hand back and place it back by my side.

I scramble for words before making another rash decision.

"You want it back? Then fine." I ripped the ring off my finger and flicked it to him as you would a coin. It flew over to Peter as he clasped his hands over it to catch it.

"Don't bother following me." I say as I turn to leave to find my way back to the group.

"I make no promises." He smirks from behind me, amusement boiling inside him.