Whoever lives here really has an... intricate taste. Maybe they're gone? Shouldn't someone be out here waving a shotgun at us right about now, asking why we barged into their home like this?

The heavy door slammed shut, turning your head to view the other soldiers as they stood around, each one of them recatching their breath.

"Is everyone alright?" Jill asked, looking towards the others.

"Barry?" Chris looked around, noticing the lack of their red dressed team member. "Where's Barry?"

A loud rumble was heard outside, the windows on the second floor allowing the bright flashes of lightning shine through. You looked over towards your captain, seeing him standing quietly at first, his black shades hiding whatever emotion he was showing through his eyes.

"He's..." Wesker didn't continue, seeing Jill's eyes flood with pure shock as she realized what he hinted at.

"No." She dejected, not wanting to believe what he failed to finish.

What?? When??? You questions in your mind, quickly looking over to the heavy oak doors. When you were running, you didn't hear Barry screaming out when he got bit by dogs, or his rough voice calling out to any of you for help.

You exhaled lightly, your arms proceeding to hug around yourself slowly, dreading the thought of your superior's body being torn apart by the ferocious dogs, just as you had seen with Joseph.

A gunshot erupted from behind a door on the far left side of the room, causing most heads to turn.

"What was that?" Jill was the first to question, fueling the fire of curiosity in Chris. He looked back towards his remaining team, thinking they could make use of their even numbers.

"I'll go and check it out." He offered, receiving a firm nod of agreement from his captain.

"Alright. Jill and I will stay and secure this area. (Y/N)." Wesker looked over towards the rookie girl, whose gaze hadn't left the door.

"(Y/N)." He called out your name in a more firm tone, grabbing your attention immediately.

"Huh?" You spoke, feeling like you broke out of a trance where you had been left with your own thoughts. You looked over to the others, seeing Jill and Chris giving you a rather sympathetic look, which had been truly genuine.

"We're splitting up," Chris responded, "You'll be coming with me."

"Oh." You nodded slowly, unfolding your hands from your form. "Alright."

Chris smiled lightly before turning towards the doors, leaving you to follow behind him.

"Chris." Jill quickly said, causing Chris to stop, almost making you bump into his back.

He turned towards the woman, seeing the fear and concern in her eyes for his safety. "Take care."

"Yeah." He nodded, turning back towards the doors. You continued to follow slowly, paying attention to Chris as he opened one door from the set of double doors, holding it open for you to walk inside.

You were greeted with the loud tic tic of a grand clock, the sound echoing throughout what looked to be a large dining room with a massive wood table, and enough chairs to sit many guests.
The only sources of light came from candlesticks placed in the center of the dining table, a large fireplace at the end of the dining room, and another similar looking chandelier hanging from the ceiling, revealing that their was another second floor up above you.

"What a nice place," Chris commented, staring down at the large dining table, "Though I could do without the checkered floor. It ruins the feng shui at the dinner table."