Chapter 12: Harry POV

It was nearing 10 PM and there was still no sight of Louis. Sure, it was a costume party, but no one made any effort to come up and greet me. I had already run into most of my other friends and was growing restless. The music was getting louder. The darkness eventually took over the house and the only light source was the strobe lights the dj had set up.

“ Styles!!! Dance, party, live a little!!! What’s got you so down???” NIck shouted. We were standing slightly off to the side of the makeshift dance floor the dj had also set up.

“ I haven’t seen Louis all night.” I shouted back I was just about to walk off when something, or should I say someone caught my attention. A boy stood at the top of the staircase. He was wearing a fitting white button up with a crimson vest over it. He was also wearing the tightest tan leggings I had ever seen. I couldn’t help myself, I made my way over to him. He seemed to be talking with someone as I approached. His friend noticed me and stopped talking. I tapped on the guy’s shoulder and he turned toward me. He wasn’t looking at me so I tilted his chin up. I couldn’t quite study his face or eyes. He was wearing an eye mask, just like me.

“Hey you wanna dance???” he seemed to be processing my request before nodding. I pulled him onto the dance floor. We danced to a few fast songs before the music dies out and the DJ told us to grab that special someone,  that this songs was for all the lovers. The boy seemed lost and I pulled him closer, urging him to dance with me. I place one hand on his waist and the other in one of his hands, intertwining our fingers. He placed his free hand on my shoulder and we slowly started dancing.I felt all warm and tingly inside. Who was this boy??? I leaned in closer so I could whisper in his ear.

“ You know I think I really like you. There’s just something about you that’s making me go crazy.” I pulled back trying to study his face again. It was hopeless the stupid mask was getting in my way. I was just about to reach out and pull the mask off when someone knocked into me.

“ Hey watch it mate!!!” I shouted. Whoever knocked me over was now lying beside me, while mystery boy stood off to the side. The guy looked over at me and I could immediately tell it was Zayn, one of my school mates. “ Zayn, what do you think you're doing??” I asked already getting up. Zayn looked up at me.

“ Styles, I’m so sorry I didnt mean to it was just me and Niall we’re fighting…” He got up and handed me my eye mask which I hadn’t realized came off when he knocked me over. He was eyeing mystery boy strangely. Before he could say anything, mystery boy gasped and ran.

“ No wait!!!” I exclaimed, knowing too well that the music probably drowned my plea out. I ran after him, but he was too quick. I was standing at the doorway of my entrance and mystery boy was no where in sight. I sighed looking down. I noticed a blue bracelet with a white trim on the floor. Could it be mystery boy’s??? He was the only one who left this way. I picked it up put it on before going back to the party.