Chapter 11: Louis POV

For the next few days I made sure to be on my best behaviour. I made them breakfast, cleaned around the house, heck I even picked up a few extra hours at the club, all without being told. Uncle Simon didn’t think much of it. He quite liked that I was ‘taking a liking to working.’ Zayn and Niall on the other hand were getting suspicious.

“ Don’t think we haven’t noticed you’re being an extra goody two shoes these past few days.” Zayn said the morning of Halloween. I tried to ignore him as I placed another pancake on a plate.

“ Just because you have been making all this food doesn’t mean I’m any less suspicious that something’s up.” Niall said, already biting into the freshly made pancake. The rest of breakfast was silent and both my cousins made sure to be extra annoying at school.

“ Liam what am I gonna do if they find out I’m not really gonna work on a project at your house???” I asked Liam during lunch.

“ Lou you worry too much. It’s gonna be fine. just stop being so nervous. Don’t forget to ask!!!” he shouted as the bell rang. I made my way to class, knowing that it would be easy as long as I kept my cool. What Louis didn’t know was that there were two extra set of ears in that conversation.

---

That afternoon, after I finished up my shift at the booth, I made my way to my uncle’s office. I knocked twice before I heard a faint ‘Come in.’

“Louis are you done already do you want more work???” My uncle asked. I shook my head. Deep breaths Lou, deep breaths.

“ Actually I was hoping to take some time off. My friend Liam and I have to work on a project and I was hoping I could go over to his house tonight and maybe sleepover???” There I said it. Uncle Simon looked rather taken aback. He quickly shook the expression off and stood up. He studied me briefly before sitting  back down.

“ What might this project be for???” he asked. Oh god I hadn’t thought this far. What do I say???

“ Well it’s erm... “ Time was running out I had to say something. “ It’s for my English class, we have to write a partner essay to erm make sure we know the concepts of the book we’re reading in class.” I had shifted my gaze down as I spoke. I took this opportunity to look up at him. He wasn’t looking at me ( thank god), His eyes were focused on the computer screen in front of him.

“ Well…” this was it. He was going to say no. I wasn’t going to party all night long with my best friend. I would never live life to the fullest. Worst of all, I would never see Harry again. My depressed state was taking over and suddenly Uncle Simon was talking again. “ Alright.” I would never… wait did he just say ok.

“ Did you just say okay???” He finally focused back on me.

“ Look Louis its a school project why wouldn’t I agree. Plus you will be here bright and early tomorrow morning 7 AM on the dot to start your next shift.” I stared at him in awe. He had actually agreed, sure it wasn’t quite the truth, but still. I mumbled a quick thank you and walked away. I was too stunned to do anything until I had made it back to the house. I quickly made a bag and hurried downstairs. I called Liam and he said he would be here in ten. While I was downstairs I was mobbed by Zayn.

“ So Louis I heard you were going to Liam’s tonight???” Zayn questioned standing in front of the door. “ Any reason why???” I tried to keep my cool. One slip up and I’m sure I would be taken down.

“ I’m working on a school project.” I replied trying to push past him. He only blocked it more.

“ Oh c’mon Louis we both know there’s something else going on.” Suddenly there was Niall’s voice to save the day, well accidentally but yes saved by the bell.

“ Zayn!!! We need to get ready for Harry’s party. Hurry your arse up here and change.” Zayn gave me one last glare before making his way upstairs. I gulped before running into Liam’s car.

“ Drive!!!”