Chapter 24

Narrator

Margaret looked up and she saw who owned the voice.

"Margaret! Oh Margaret!" Grace yelled with relief. She was making her way down the ladder when Margaret said: "No it's okay. I'll come up."

Margaret carefully climb the ladder and got the Grace safety. Once she got grip of Grace, all she wanted was to hug her. Margaret held on Grace quiet tightly while resting her head on Grace's shoulder as she sobbed her feelings out.
Grace was softly hushing her - like a crying child who couldn't sleep after being woken up from a nightmare. She ran her hand softly on Margaret's back to sooth her. They stood there until the sun had completely set.

***

After Andrew had particularly waited for Margaret for more than three hours, he decided to just head on inside the house and wait for he in their room.

When he walked inside, his father noticed his facial expression - tired with a mix of disappointment.

"Come and sit. I'll get you a glass. We'll talk about it." Joe offered as he was patting the empty space of their bar table.

"How do you know there's something to talk about?" Andrew asked.

"Because I know you. You're my son plus I may or may not have been in the same situation as you."

Andrew walked to his father and sat on the tall stool. He sloughed over their bar table and sighed his agony.

"I don't know what to do Dad. I don't know what to tell Margaret. I don't know how to explain things to her. I just ... I don't want her to go again. Oh my ... oh god what if she doesn't want to marry anymore. Dad I can't loose her." Andrew ranted as his dad sat and listen to him carefully.

"What really happened?" Joe asked because he was lacking some details.

"Gert kissed me. She kissed me and Margaret just happened to watch my ex-girlfriend smooch my face." Andrew explained as he gesture his hand pointing at his face.

"Did you kiss her back?"

Andrew's face lost its colour as he turn to look at his father. Did he really kiss her back?

"I ... uh." He stuttered "maybe ... I guess."

"Then that's your problem. Maybe you still have a little feelings for Gert. The problem is how to let go, not how to tell Margaret." How suggested.

"Dad, I'm getting married in a few days. With the woman I love very much, I am not feeling something for someone else. That's impossible." Andrew muttered loud enough for his dad to hear.

"Actually son, it is. You're willing to spend your whole life with Margaret but the is always a place for Gertrude. Why? Because he was your girlfriend. You knew since ... I don't know. Forever. So yes it is possible that there is a place for Gert in your heart. Just don't let it take over Margaret's place." Joe said as he stood and gave Andrew a pat on the shoulder.

Andrew sat at their house bar in peace and quiet after his dad walked upstairs.

***

"We're here." Grace exhaled.

Margaret took a deep breath and casually took her seat belt off. She gave Grace a sad smile and a nod of some sort of approval. Margaret stepped put of the car and slowly walked towards the house.

Grace opened the door and walked in. However, Margaret stayed behind. She sat on the porch chair and buried her face in her hands. Suddenly she felt someone around her.

"It wasn't ... Margaret I -"

"Andrew please. I want to be alone." Margaret pleaded.

"I just want us to be better before the wedding. Margaret please talk to me." Andrew sat in front of her. He took her hands in his.

Author's note!
If this chapter is way too (I think it is) I'm so sorry. I'm kind of juggling school projects and other school related activities at the moment. I and working on the next chapter but I am not when it will be posted! Again I'm sorry if it's short or not really well done. Xx