Chapter 20

·Narrator·

Grace broke the nice gesture and told them that she has to go home, to make the place comfortable for them.

Once Grace was gone, the doctor came in to talk to Margaret and Andrew.

"Hello, how are we doing?" He asked

"Good...good." Margaret replied with a smile on her face and happy tears in her eyes.

"That's very good because you can be discharged later this afternoon if you desire."

"Really? That's good." Andrew said as he hugged Margaret again.

"I will get the discharge papers for you to sign. I will come by here in about an hour or two." The doctor said before he left the couple in their happiness.

Andrew helped Margaret to walk to the bathroom carefully and decided to pack her stuff. As Andrew was packing he made sure he brought Margaret clean clothes outside the bathroom door.

When everything was packed, Andrew decided to load everything in their car. As he was loading the bags, he notice Gert sitting on the hospital bench by their car.

"Hey....?"

"Hi. Uhm. What's up?" Gert asked as she walked towards him.

"Well uh..." Andrew raised the bag to show her. "Just packing up before Margaret and I head home."

"How is she?"

"She good. She's actually getting ready inside."

Andrew continued to walk to the car and loaded the bag inside. Gert followed him with sad look on her face.

"There's a reason why I came here." Gert said softly.

"Yup, and I told you Margaret is good."

"I didn't come here just to ask how Margaret is doing. I came here because I know ... I know we need to talk." Gert said as her voice was slowly getting a little loud - a sign of agitation.

"What about?"

Andrew turned to face Gert with a calm look on his face.

"About ... us?"

"What about us? Gert we were done ages ago. I'm getting married and - may I say - Margaret is inside." Andrew said with sign of slight anger. "You can't just come here, tell me you want to talk about us when years ago I was trying to talk about us but you keep rejecting me. It doesn't work like that."

"So you're only with Margaret because you couldn't be with me?"

"NO! What the hell? The woman in there, I love her. I'm going to marry her. Give my whole heart as love. Something that you threw away long ago. She is not some rebound of our relationship." Andrew yelled with a vein on his neck slightly popping out.

"I'm sorry ... that's not what I meant." Gert said with guilt and fear in her eyes.

"Look let's just drop it. Okay?"

"Andrew, I just want to tell you that maybe there would still be a chance but after hearing that I know you won't leave her." Gert cried walking closer to Andrew. "Let this be the last." She cupped his face and firmly place her lips on his. Good bye kiss that both of them will never forget.

"Andrew?"

·AUTHOR'S NOTE·
HEY! IM SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINVE I LAST UPDATED THIS STORY. THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE SHORT AND RAW. ITS NOT WRITTEN THE WAY I ACTUALLY WANTED TO, BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THE ORIGINAL ONE.