Chapter 25: Listen to me

Katiea POV

I stood with Bilbo and watched as the dwarves started to break down massive pieces of stone to block the large doors Smaug had broken down. "Is this really needed? I mean can't you guys just make a new door?" I shouted so they all could hear me from the walkway where Thorin told me to stay. "We need to Barricade it, now that we've reclaimed Erabor...others will try and take it because of it's wealth." Thorin replied. I nodded slowly, "and the door?" I asked. "It would take to long to make one!" Dwalin yelled. Nodded and patted my legs. "Well...I'm gonna go look around..." I said. "Don't go to far Katiea!" Thorin yelled. "Yes, Mr. Oakenshield!" I replied with a giggle.

I wandered down the long hallways, with various tunnels and doors. As I looked I stumbled upon a very large staircase. "Huh....big stairs...big rooms?" I muttered to myself. I jogged up the stairs and caught my breath from tripping here and there. I saw two very large doors. I shoved them open....kind of...I had to squeeze myself through as far as I could push them. "Stupid dwarves....with their stupid strength..." I muttered. Soon I notice a hall full of double doored rooms. I looked at the one right in front of me and cocked my head. I stepped closer and found writing on it. "Damn...Dwarvish...okay Katiea you can do this..." I squinted my eyes and racked my brain trying to read the writing. Thorin and the others had thought me how to read a little bit of it. "T-Thrór...oh! That's Thorin's grandfather. These must be bedchambers. Huh...I wonder where Thorin's is." I said to myself looking at other doors until I found Thorin's. "I hope I'm reading these right...because if I am then this is his..." I said as I pushed the door open. Inside I found a neatly made bed and dusty, however extremly fancy furniture. I looked at various swords hanging on the wall. "Wow..." I said running my fingertips one one with a shining ruby on the head. I turned and saw a closet. "Oh! I bet the clothes can tell me who's room this is for sure. I don't trust my Dwarvish reading skills." I laughed to myself as I pulled open the closet. I smiled and nodded, "yeah this is defiantly Thorin. Lotta blue~" I laughed looking at his old clothing. I closed the closet and looked at his bed before yawning. 'Well...I mean I'm getting married to him he can't be that mad if I take a nap in his bed can he?' I thought. I crawled into his large bed and curled up against a pillow, hugging one squishy one to my chest, partly wrapping my legs around it since it was very long. I pulled the silky sheets over my legs then sighed in bliss. "Wow...with a bed like this Thorin better have been a happy child~" I said before falling asleep in pure bliss.

Thorin POV

I sighed as we secured the last boulder to barricade the doors. "That's all for now. Take a brake, you've worked hard. Bilbo! Come here." I yelled. I watched the halfling scramble over to me. "Yes Thorin?" He asked. "I want you to search the Treasure room again for the Arkenstone, actually... Oin! Gloin! Bifur! I want you to search with him." I said. They nodded, I started off to find Katiea...who I could strongly believe could have gotten lost. "Where are you off to?" Kili asked me. I sighed, "to find my wandering bride." I said before smiling and starting off.

I searched for a while before noticing the doors to the bedrooms where open. "I swear if I'm right, that girl sleeps to much." I said before shoving them open more so I could get through. "Clearly she opened those and had to squeeze herself through because she can't open them very far." I smiled. I looked and saw my Grandfathers bedroom, I frowned and looked on. I came to my bedroom where the door was cracked. I smiled when I looked through the crack and saw a sleeping form in my bed. I opened the door quietly and slipped inside. I stood next to the Bed and looked her over, her hair was slightly messy, she was obviously moving around since the blankets where pushed down by her knee...I also noticed how her skirt had been pulled up. Reveling her. Butt and underwear which was quite lacey actually. I swallowed and took a deep breath, "restrain...restrain..." I said under my breath as I pulled the blanket to cover her waist down. I looked up to her face... That of an angel. I gently shook her arm. "Katiea, wake up" I said. She yawned then opened her eyes before sitting up and looking at me. "Hello...." She slurred. "You have a very comfortable bed." She said with a tired grin. I laughed and pushed some hair out of her face. "Thank you, I know." I said. She leaned forewords wrapping her arms loosely around my neck, however she kept pushing. I soon noticed she was on her feet bending down pushing me to the bed. I smiled and gave in laying on my back and soon she collapsed on top of me...sort of. She had her leg drapped across my stomach, my arm undernethe her and her arms still around my neck. "Your exhausted," I said petting her hair. I heard her groan and push her face into my neck before I felt her slightly kiss it before laying her head on my chest, "well this is the most comfortable place I've slept since I left my home...actually this IS that most comfortable place I've slept." She giggled before rolling over and sprawling out, stretching her back and limbs. She sat up and looked at me. "Well, now that we have Erabor back isn't it time to pay Laketown?" She acted. I sat up and looked at here. "What do you mean?" I asked. "The promise you made to the people of Laketown, to share your wealth." She said simply. I shook my head. "I am not giving this my peoples money for doing what? Letting us go?" I growled. She looked at me in shock. "Thorin, you made a promise to give them some of the treasure here! Have you seen them? Their all starving under that fat greedy man they call a master! Actually that man kind of reminds me of a human goblin king." She said. I snickered at the last part of what she said before whipping the smile off my face. "Katiea, it's my peoples money, my grandfather, father and the rest of Erabor. If they have a problem with their greedy disgusting king they can overthrow him easily." I said standing only to have my petite girl whip off the bed and grab my hand. "Thorin please! You made a promise to them! You have to keep your promises!!" She said, I could tell she was starting to get angry. "No, and that's final. I'm not sharing MY wrath to them!" I slightly yelled before storming out of the bedroom and down the hall. I heard her run after me. "I don't want to hear it Katiea!" I boomed, only to come face to face with the company, looking on our conversation with curiosity. "Then your no better than that fat greedy master of theirs!!! ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THEIR HOMES HAVE BEEN BURNED BY SMAUG! NOBODY HELPED YOU THORIN! YOUR DOING THE SAME TO THEM!" She shouted. I turned and looked at her. "I am not, they are fine they killed the dragon! Don't tell me that I am doing the same for them, they didn't ask for help. I did when it happened to us. No help came." I said looking her dead in the eyes. I turned and started to walk away. "No better than the elves. If it where my call...I would have gone and helped...not waited for help to be asked for." I heard her say. I turned but when I looked she was gone. I looked to Bofur. "Go find her. Make sure she doesn't leave." I said to him. He nodded and ran off to find Katiea.

Katiea POV

I stormed into the lowest tunnels of Erabor. I felt my blood boiling before I stopped and grabbed a fistful of my hair. "THAT THICK HEADED STUBBORN GREEDY BASTARD!" I screamed before ramming my fist into a stone wall. "Agh!" I shrieked and looked at my hand, it was scrapped and bloody. "Lass...why did ya do that?" I heard the firmiliar voice of Bofur. I turned and looked at him before sighing. "Why won't Thorin listen to me?" I asked sitting down onto a barrel. Bofur sighed however didn't get a chance to reply. "It's the gold...it's cursed." I jumped hearing Balin behind me. "W-what?" I asked. "It's got the dragons curse...however it's stronger...this is what happened to Thròr. He became obsessed with the gold. When Smaug attacked Thorin had to drag him away in order to save him." Balin said. I looked down at the ground. "Why won't he listen though? I just want to help the Laketown people...their homes are destroyed! If he doesn't hold up his bargain then they are going to become angry." I said shaking my head. "Aye, and it won't be long before the elves come." He said. "What? What do they have to do with it?" I asked. "They want some gems from here, made of pure starlight." Bofur replied. I sighed," elves." I laughed. "Lass what did ya do to your hand?" Balin asked noticing my bloodied knuckles and fingers. "Oh...I punched the stone out of anger." I said looking at it. "Common, let's get that cleaned. Balin said before taking my shoulder leading me out of the lower tunnels.

As we where walking to where some medical stuff was I glanced out of an opening in the walls. My eyes widened as I saw Laketown people flooding Dale...and with them where elven soldiers. "Oh my god...we have to tell Thorin." I said utterly worried about what was to come from this.