Chapter 9: hunted

((Thorin POV))

Suddenly we heard someone coming towards us quickly. All of us drew our weapons ready to fight. "THEVES, FIRE, MURDER!!!" We heard someone yell as a sleigh pulled by large rabbits burst through the trees.

"Radagast!" Gandalf said. "Radagast the brown!" He smiled and greeted his fellow wizard. "Gandalf! I need to speak to you." Radagast said. I suddenly heard Fili and kili behind me, "where's Katiea??" Fili whispered. I turned to them. "What?? You lost her??" I asked. "We saw her crying but we didn't see where she went!!" Kili said in a panicked tone. I tuned are looked everywhere. "Where's Katiea??"

Suddenly a warg jumped out of the bush and I stabbed my sword through it's head just as another one jumped out and kili shot it through the eye with an arrow. "Warg scouts. Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." I said pulling my sword out of the warts scull.

"I'll draw them off! You run!" Radagast said. "The Wargs will outrun you!" Gandalf said. "These are rhosgobel rabbits! I'd like to see them try." With that Radagast took off. "Where is Katiea!?!" I shouted gaining everyone's attention. "What?!?! She's missing????" Bilbo and Bofur said. I nodded. "She can fight. We need to go!" Dwalin said. Bilbo shook his head. "She's terrified of orcs, she freezes and panics." I felt furious. How could I lose her?!?

"Thorin we need to run! Now is our chance!" Gandalf shouted. "We just need...to hope for the best for Katiea." I nodded and we all got ready to run.

As soon as we saw our chance we ran across the field. Running as fast as we could towards a large boulder. All of us pressed up against it to hide waiting for another chance to run.

"Thorin...look! It's Katiea!" I heard oin say. I looked across the field and saw Katiea, purely terrified and being approached by a warg. We watched her...not sure wether to run and save her or see what she does. I noticed she has he sword gripped tightly in her hand. I could feel my heart pounding in worry. Suddenly the warg jumped at her and she shoved her sword through it's neck, killing it. I watched Fili pick up a rock and threw it at her, hitting her in the head. Ouch...that must have hurt.

She cringed and put her hand on her head then turned to see us. She ran fast towards us though she was limping. "Katiea! Where where you!!" Bofur said. "You know...I think we have bigger problems to worry about." She wincing when she tried to out any more pressure on her leg. "Can you run?" I asked. "It's going to hurt like hell but yes." I nodded. We watched and saw our chance to run. We all ran as fast as possible to the next rock. When we reached it Katiea held into the rock and was biting her bottom lip so hard it bled, she was obviously trying not to cry. We all heard the sound of a warg growl above us. I nodded to kili who ran out and shot the warg off of the rock then we all attacked the Orc rider. They made a loud screaming sound with gained the attention of the Orcs.

We ran once more but stopped. "Where's Gandalf!" Gloin said. " he's abandoned us!" Dwalin said. We all watched as the orcs grew closer. "This way you fools!" Gandalf said out of nowhere in front of a cave entrance. We all ran towards him and started sliding into the cave. Katiea carefully slid but I heard her shriek in pain when she hit the bottom. I jumped down after everyone else. We suddenly heard horns going off and the stamp of horses. Then a Orc went flying into the cave and landed dead on the ground. I pulled the arrow out of his head, "elves." I said. I turned and saw Katiea on the ground holding her ankle tightly "Katiea what happened!" I shouted going to her side. "That doesn't matter right now!!" She said wincing in intense pain. "Can you walk dear?" Balin asked. She had watery eyes and shook her head. "No I think I pushed it to much when we where running." She whimpered. "Common, get on my back. Kili said kneeling down. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he he lifted her up. "Alright. I'll carry her." Kili said. I nodded. "We found a path! Do we follow it or no?" Dwalin said from deep in the cave. "Follow it of course." Bofur said in reply then we all went to the path. I stayed behind Kili making sure he didn't drop Katiea. I examined her ankle from behind. It was bruised and swolled, looked broken and her leg was gashed and losing lots of blood. I quickly tore off a piece of my shirt and wrapped it around her leg to attempt to stall the bleeding.

We walked through the long path and came to an opening that showed the elven valley city. "Rivendell..." I heard bilbo say. I felt angry. "Was this your plan? To seek refuge with our enemy?" I said looking at Gandalf. "You have no enemy's here Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill will here is that you bring upon yourself." Gandalf said in reply. I looked back at the elven city and started to walk towards it along with the rest of the company.