Chapter 11: Elves

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled.

Dwalin stood at the door. This looked bad.

I had no clothes on, Fili was extremely close to me...not good.

"Better question, what are you two doing here?" He said crossing his arms. "I-I uh I-i" I couldn't think. "Nothing's going on Dwalin. I was just leaving." Fili said. "What happened to you?" Dwalin said noticing my cuts scars and bruises. "Um..." I was terrified of Dwalin, even more than Thorin. "Nothing, come on give the girl some privacy." Fili said pushing Dwalin out of the room and leaving closing the foo behind him.

I sat there for a moment thinking of everything that just happened. I touched my lips...Fili was my first kiss.... I grinned slightly. Suddenly I remembered that I needed to get help with my leg. I stood, slipped back on the dress and hopped towards the door and found the elven lady right where she said she would be. "You have a lot of friends." She said referring to the multiple dwarves that have come into my room. "Heh...I guess..." I said as she led me to a chair and sat me down. "This is going to hurt, I'm sorry, I can't avoid it." She said, I nodded. She pressed a wet cloth firmly against the gash. I couldn't help it, I screamed in pain. I shut my mouth but tears where running down my face. She was cleaning it I know but damn did she really need to- oh the pains gone.

"Eh...is it done?" I asked trying to look at my leg. " no. I need to stitch it." I nodded and let her do her business. I was used to the stitching pain so it didn't bother me. "Stay off it tonight and you should be ready to go and walk, run, jump as you please tomorrow. I put a special plant in there that will fix everything." I smiled and thanked her. She gave me a stick to help me walk ((crutch)) and I gladly took it.

I was led through Rivendell once again and found myself in some sort of eating area. I saw all the dwarves, though Thorin and Gandalf where sitting somewhere else. "Hey guys!" I said cheerfully. Bilbo rushed to come and help me. "How are you feeling??" He asked leading me to the table...to ironically sit next to Fili. "I'm feeling great~ thanks. But I'm so hungry I could eat a horse." The dwarves laughed and the elves gave me food.

I ate happily and talked to the dwarves...except Dwalin...I avoided him. After a while the dwarves got sick of the green food and wanted meat.

I stood and hobbled my way over to where Thorin and Gandalf where, along with some other Elf. "Katiea! How are you feeling?" Gandalf said cheerfully. I smiled. "great actually~ thanks." I looked at Thorin who gave me a grin before standing and walking beside me back to the others. "I'm glad your alright...halfling." He said. I grinned. "Thanks...dwarf." He laughed helped me sit down. "Your shockingly in a good mood." I said. Thorin just shrugged.

"Katiea!!" I heard a uproar of happy dwarves once again. I looked at each of the dwarves faces. I smiled and laughed. "Katiea, can you come with me?" I turned and saw Lord Elrond who had a happy look on his face.

I followed him until we came to a beautiful balcony. "Wow...this is beautiful." I whispered. Lord Elrond pulled out a chair and had me sit down. I turned around but he was gone. "L-lord Elrond?" I asked timidly. "Hello my dear." I jumped hearing a woman's voice. I saw the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. "H-hello...who are you?"

"My name is Galadriel" she said. Her voice was calming and heavenly. "My name is Katiea..." I said. "And a beautiful name it is." She said. I smiled.

"Is...there a reason you wanted to speak with me? Am I in trouble?" I asked she shook her head and came closer to me. "No my dear you are not in trouble....but I sense something is troubling you." She said. "Please, would you tell me about your home life? I would never breath a word." I nodded.

"My...father is dead...my mother is a nice woman..." I didn't really want to tell her afraid of what she would say. She shook her head. She pulled the sleeve of my dress down and showed some bruises and deep scars. "Would a nice woman do that to you?" I instantly felt tears well up. I started crying. "No!!!" I yelled and put my face into my hands. "Come now child, no tears." She said and she lifted my head up. "You are safe here, nobody will ever hurt you again." I looked at her. "B-but what about wen I go home? Surely she'll kill me for even coming back..." I said with sorrow behind my voice. "You will stay here, in Rivendell or...maybe the dwarves will have you stay with them. They've grown very fond of you, especially Thorin." My eyes widened. "Why have you not told them?" She asked sitting down next to me with my hands in hers. "They...they would just leave me. The only person I told was Fili...but...they'll think differently of me...I just want somebody I can call family...or love...I just....I don't want to lose them!" I cried. "My dear...how could they leave you for something that isn't your fault. You need to open your eyes and look at the people around you, people are not ment to be burdened like you have...that's why certain people come into our lives...to save us." I felt a tear slip down my face, she wiped it away. "Go, go back to them." I nodded and looked at her. "If I do...come back to Rivendell...will you be here?" I asked standing up. "Of course, I will be there whenever you need me." She said moving some hair out of my face. "Okay... I hope I see you again." I said before leaving.

I walked down the long hallways thinking of what Galadriel said to me.

"That's why certain people come into our lives...to save us."

I kept playing back what she said in my head. "I wonder if that's true..." I mumbled before coming out to find all the dwarves happily cooking meat over a self made fire. "Katiea! Lass come sit with me!" Bofur yelled. I gladly hobbled my way over and sat down. "Want some?" He offered me a sausage. I looked at him then for some odd reason I looked to Bombur, and noticed he was sitting on a fragile table. I giggled and pointed at him. Bofur immediately picked up what I was putting down. "Bombur." He said before tossing the sausage to him. All was silent until we heard a creek and he went smashing to the ground. I couldn't keep myself I was laughing so hard I had to catch my breath. Bofur rolled over laughing. Suddenly two arms wrapped around my middle and I was pulled into Fili's lap. "Hello~" he said in my ear. I giggled and leaned back into his chest. I watched all of the dwarves cause trouble and laughed and throw food around.

I felt Fili's grasp on me tighten, I moved and made myself comfortable on his lap. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded and laid my head back and looked at the sky. "Yes, I'm fine...I gotta pee though." I said. I've never heard Fili laugh so hard on this whole adventure. "Wow! Your a pro at ruining moments!! Hahahaha go to the bathroom," he whispered the last part, I giggled and got up. I hobbled my way to the bathroom and went.

When I came out, I was about to go back to the dwarves when I saw Kili standing by himself looking over the railing, I hadn't even realized he was gone. "What ya doing by yourself?" I asked gaining his attention. "Nothing just sorting though my thoughts." I nodded and stood next to him in silence. "I must admit...the night sky's here are beautiful..." I said looking up. "Yes...they are."

(Kili POV)

I glanced down at Katiea who was looking at the sky in awe. She looked beautiful...her pale skin was glowing her green eyes where shining just as beautiful as the stars. Her hair was lightly flowing in the wind.

I felt my heart start to pound...she was perfect...her way of talking the way she walked, her laugh made my heart melt...everything about her was amazing. "Hey...is there...anybody that you like?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded. "Who?" She looked away. "Why do you want to know?" She asked. I shrugged. "Can I trust you if I tell you?" She said. "Yes of course!" She sighed. "You know...I actually don't really feel comfortable telling you...right now. Can I tell you later?" She said. I laughed nervously "of course! Your probably tired! You should go to bed," she nodded and quickly hugged me. I blushed and hugged her back tightly. She let go and turned to go back to where we all where sleeping. "Goodnight Kili." She said. "Goodnight..."

My heart was pounding...was it me?!Who would be?? Bofur? No... Dwalin? Highly doubtful...Thorin?...probably. Fili....probably...

I got easily frustrated with all of these thoughts and went back to where we would all be sleeping. I saw Katiea sleeping with her head on Bofurs lap. He was however smoking his pipe.

I glared at Bofur in jealously then turned and went to sleep by my brother.