Chapter 18: New Hearts

Katiea POV

I felt my breath hitch, laying before me was an utterly massive black dragon. "H-hello?" I stuttered. No response. " Mr Damien?" I asked quietly. The dragons head was turned away from me. "Who's disturbs me." He growled. I felt shivers going down my spine of fear. "M-my name is Kat- I mean...Seraphine Eithne" I said. Suddenly the dragons head swung around and next thing I knew a rather large snout in front of me. It took a rather large inhale. "Scrape my scales...it's you...your home!" He said, his voice was cheery and light, though astonishingly deep none the less. "Y-yes, I suppose I am." I said. Damien pushed his large body to sit up. He was massive, my entire body wasn't even the size of his claws. Suddenly his tail swung around and wrapped around my waist and lifted me up. "You've grown." He said lifting me until I was looking at him eye to eye. "Well yes that is what people do." I laughed. I looked straight into his eyes and froze. I felt my spine sting and my mind race. It was coming back...my memory.

Thorin POV

"You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule: the King's Jewel, the Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help." I listened to Thranduil say to me.

"I'm listening" I replied calmly.
"I will let you go, if you but return what is mine." He said. I scoffed. "How about you return what is mine!" I yelled. "What are you speaking of?" He said. "Katiea! The hobbit girl! Where is she?" I growled. Thranduil raised an eyebrow. "We never had her, all we found where you dwarves. What girl is this you speak of?" He said. I sighed, "Shes a hobbit girl, brown hair and green eyes. Up to my shoulder in height." I said, images of Katiea danced in my head. "No, we never saw her. Now, the problem at hand."
"Yes, A favor for a favor." I said. "You have my word, one King to another." He said. I stopped. "I would not trust Thranduil, the great king, to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us!" I felt anger build up inside me and turned to look at him. "You lack all honor! I've seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help, but you turned your back. You turned away from the suffering of my people and the inferno that destroyed us!"
Thranduil looked enraged and jumped down coming face to face with me. "Do not talk to me of dragon fire. I know its wrath and ruin. I have faced the great serpents of the north." He growled. He turned and sat upon his thrown once again.
"I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he would not listen. You are just like him. Stay here if you will, and rot. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. I am patient. I can wait." He said.

I was taken back into my cell where the rest of the dwarves where. "Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asked. "He did. I told him he could go 'Ish kakhfê ai'd dur rugnu!' ((I looked that up it roughly means "I spit upon your grave" :3))"
I said. Balin sighed, "well...that's it then. A deal was our only hope." Balin sighed. "No...not our only hope." I spoke thinking of that Katiea and Bilbo where still out there."

Katiea POV

I remembered everything...I remembered my parents, Damien, my home, my people! I paced back and forth infront of Damien. I looked up at him. "Where are my parents?" I asked. He looked down at me grimly, "would you like me to take you to them?" I nodded. Suddenly I was grabbed harshly yet gently in Damien's claws. He flew out of the door and through the stone tunnel. I held onto him for dear life. I closed my eyes not wanting to watch. Suddenly I felt cold air hit me. I opened my eyes to see...blue sky's...an ocean...and trees. I almost smiled before I was thrown into the air. I screamed at the top of my lungs until I landed on a scaly surface. I was riding Damien. I held onto the small curves horns infront of me, they where like handles. "Where are we going?" I asked into Damien's ear not wanting to shout. "To your parents, my lady." I eagrly watched, I looked down at the beautiful sea and took in the scenery. Suddenly I noticed Damien closing in on two rather large rocks. "What are those?" I asked. I got no reply. We landed gently and Damien lowered his head so I could get off. I walked closer until I realized what they where...they where gravestones. "N-no...please no..." I whispered and stopped. I covered my mouth with my scratched up hands. "They died in battle...about twenty years ago." Damien said. I looked at the stones, one was bigger than the other. The larger one was my fathers, Dughall Eithne. The smaller was my mothers, Claudia Eithne. I suddenly recalled something Ramron told me. "W-wait...Ramron told me my mother died of an illness." I said. "She did, it was one she got in battle. Shot with a poisonous arrow...it's cause was fatal. Ramron tried all he could to heal her...nothing worked. I'm so sorry Seraphine " he said. I felt my eyes water. I kneeled down between the rocks. "This isn't fair..." I whispered. "What was that?" Damien asked. "I SAID THIS ISNT FAIR!!!" I screamed turning to him. "THEY GAVE ME AWAY, STOLE MY MEMORY, GAVE ME TO A WOMAN WHO BRUSEF, CUT AND BURNED ME FOR HER OWN AMUSEMENT!" I cried. Tears where running streams down my face. "I'm not mad at them...I'm sure that they had a good reason to do what they did. It's...it's just I finally come home...and their not here. I never knew my parents...I was never held by my mother...I was never protected by my father." I whispered as I collapsed into my knees. "I don't even know them...yet I miss them so much." I covered my face in my hands and cried. I couldn't help it, my heart was broken. I suddenly deny Damien lower his head over my shoulder and across my chest. I cried and hugged his head. "I love them..." I whispered. Damien lifted his head and pushed my face towards him with his tail. "They loved your Seraphine, more than anything in the world. Your mother cried for years when you first left, I sometimes found her crying next to your crib, holding your small blanket to her chest. She loved you. Your Father...to him you where his pride and joy, he was proud of you even if he didn't have you with him. Always boasting about how great his daughter would grow up to be." Damien said. I smiled and laughed before wiping away my tears. I stood off the grown and looked at the large stones. I walked over to my fathers and kissed the rock, as I did the same with my mothers. "I'll come and visit you two, and I promise...I'm going to make you proud." I said. I walked back over to Damien and places my hand on his nose. "Damien...I must ask you a favor." I said, remembering the contract I signed.

Thorin POV

We all sat in silence in our cells. "I'll wager the sun's on the rise. It must be nearly dawn." Bofur said. "We're never going to reach the mountain...are we?" Ori groaned. I looked through the bars of my cell, shocked when out of nowhere Bilbo appeared.

"Not stuck in here, you're not!"
The rest of the dwarves came to the front of their cells happily. "Bilbo!" Balin said happily. The rest of the dwarves happily cheer only to have bilbo shush them. "Shhh! The guards are near by!" Bilbo said as he unlocked my cell. I left quickly, followed by the others. "Bilbo, is Katiea with you?" I asked. "No, she's not. Where is she?" He asked. "I don't know, never mind that for now." I deadpinned. The dwarves started heading for the stairs before bilbo stopped them. "No, not that way. Down here, follow me." We all followed him down into the cellars. Two guards where passed out surrounded by empty bottles. "You where supposed to be leading us out not further in!" Bofur snapped. "I know what I'm doing!" Bilbo snapped back. "Shh!" Bofur said when Bilbo got a little to loud. "This way." Bilbo led on.