Chapter 1: A new change

Photo above is NOT mine. It going to it's rightful owner which...I don't know who that is but it's not mine. But this is what Katiea looks like ((except green eyes instead of blue))~ <3

((Katiea POV))

I walked down the roads of the shire, dragging a large stick behind me towards my home. "Hello Katiea!" I heard numerous people say, I smiled and said hello. When I got home I was immediately sent to bathe by my mother.

After I finished I came out and flipped my long brown hair back and stood in front of the mirror in my room. I glared at all the bruises and scars scattered across my body all the way up to my neck left by my mother. I was not a bad child I assure you...never messy, rude or in trouble. She just hated me...and I never understood why. I flipped my hair back and forth once more, dressed then went into the living room then sat down in a chair by the fireplace. "Why did you come back?" My mother asked in an annoyed tone from the kitchen. I sighed..."um...I live here?" I said before flipping myself to sit upside down in the chair." You know what your asking for with that tone!" My mother yelled. I winced at her rough voice. "Mom, I know you don't like me here but why won't you let me leave and be on my own??!" I groaned. "Well where would I send you? Nobody would want you. Your useless." I frowned and looked at the fire. "I don't think I'm useless..." I whispered. "Well, here's something to make yourself a little useful, take these to Bilbo Baggins up the road, there the muffins he asked for." I smiled and nodded taking the basket and throwing on a shirt that covered my whole arm and threw a scarf around my neck, hiding the bruise I got from when I accidentally tracked mud on the carpet and angered my mother. "I'll be back~" I chimed before walking out into the brisk night air. I loved Mr. Baggins, he was funny and always invited me to go fishing or have tea...I felt more of family to him than to my own mom. I trudged up the road and found his hobbit hole, it was beautiful, really was. I knocked and waited. Then I heard a lot of noise then the door opened. I was expecting Mr. Baggins...this was not Mr. Baggins...this was not a hobbit at all, it wad a dwarf! "Hello lass!" He said with a smiled. I grinned and looked him over. He had a beard and a very cool hat. He seemed like a nice person. "Hello, is Mr. Baggins home?" I asked. He nodded and gestured for me to come in. I looked around and saw about eleven more dwarves. I couldn't help but laugh at what they where doing. Running a muck. I soon found Mr. Baggins. "Excuse me! Mr. Baggins!" I said gaining his attention. "Katiea?! What are you doing here??" He said in a panicked but polite tone. "My mother asked me to bring by the muffins you asked for! Their fresh." I was suddenly scooped up into someone's arms. "Agh!! Put me down!!" I yelled out of pain feeling the persons arms putting immense pressure on my bruises. I squirmed trying to get out of my captures grasp. "The hobbit girl brought muffins!" He yelled, and held me up. All the dwarves cheered and I was sat down on the table. "You mine as well give the muffins to them. They'll eat them anyways!" Bilbo yelled before storming off. "Um...okay, you can have them. Save one for Mr. Baggins though! Please..." I said before setting the basket down on the table. I watched the Dwarves eat the muffins happily. "So, who are you?" One dwarf with a tattooed head asked. "I'm Katiea, I live just down the road from Mr. Baggins." They all nodded and then I noticed the two cute dwarves, the brunette smiled at me. "So how old are you?" He asked. "I'm 30. Almost 31, I'm 34 years younger than Mr. Baggins." They smiled. "Awe, your just a child... And your almost drinking age. At least...that's the drinking age to us." The dwarf next to the cute brunette said. I laughed and nodded. Soon after a short about of time I learned their names, they all rhymed....odd. I hopped off the table and went to find Mr. Baggins. I found him stomping around pointing out all of the things the dwarves ruined. "Excuse me, Mr. Baggins?" I said tapping on his shoulder. "Yes?" He said looking to me. "Who is this Bilbo?" A very tall old man said looking down at me. "This is Katiea, she lives down the road from me." The old man nodded and smiled. "I'm Gandalf, Gandalf the grey." I stared in awe...this was Gandalf?!?! The wizard I heard of who has amazing fireworks?!?! "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Gandalf!" I said with a wide smiled. He laughed "she's quite a cheery one. We should bring her along as well." I turned my head in confusion. "Bring me along where?" I asked. "We shall speak of it later." Gandalf said and I nodded and wandered else where. I suddenly heard Ori behind me speaking to Bilbo. "Excuse me, I hate to interrupt but what should I do with my plate?" I turned and saw Fili walking towards him. "Here Ori, give it to me." He said before throwing the plate in my direction. I screamed and dropped to the ground. I watched Fili continue to throw plates but I heard none crash. I turned around and saw his brother Kili catching them and throwing them elsewhere. I then heard pounding followed by Mr. Bilbo yelling. "Could you please not do that! You'll blunt them!" I couldn't quite hear what the dwarf was saying in response but then Kili started singing.