Chapter 2: anything you want to tell me?

((Katiea POV))

I woke up and looked to see it was still dark out. "What time is it..." I mumbled throwing my legs over the side of the bed not even touching the ground. I hopped off the bed and wandered out to the living room. All of the dwarves where pasted out. I couldn't help but laugh. Bofur was hugging his hat, Bombur was asleep next to a bowl of half eaten soup, Dwalin fell asked with his arms crossed...scary, Fili and Kili where both sprawled out on a large chair but Kili was bent awkwardly to where his foot was in his brothers face, and Thorin was asleep with his pipe hanging out of his mouth. I giggled as I saw the rest of them laid in random places. I stretched and suddenly felt that my scarf was gone. "What are those?" I heard Gandalf behind me. "Uh.... There nothing. I got them from when I was hunting." I said in a nervous tone. "I think your lying." He said. I looked around the room...not sure of what to say. "Now, why don't you sit down and tell me what those came from." I sighed...is there any point to lying about it? "No. There's not." I looked up at Gandalf...that was weird. I walked towards where he was sitting but tripped over Ori's leg and fell loudly on the ground. "Oh that was not gracefull"

((Thorin POV))

I shot up hearing a bang. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw Katiea scramble off the ground into another room. I quietly got up and walked over to listen around the corner. "So, where did those come from?" I heard Gandalf ask. "Well..." Katiea's voice sounded scared and worried. Almost like she was going to cry. "I don't...really feel like I have to tell you...it concerns my private life and...it my problem. Even if I did tell you there's nothing you could do." She said then I heard her quiet footsteps coming out the door then stop. I stepped back so she wouldn't see me. I looked at her stop, she was shaking slightly. I wanted to know, I wanted to help but given our last conversation I don't think that is going to happen very easily. This is a strange girl...but I can't help but feel that there's something darker going in than she's expressing. I watched her walk back to her room and go back to sleep. I knew it was only a few hours until we left. Gandalf placed a hand on my shoulder. "That hobbit...is there something wrong with her?" I asked. "I do not know but I fear there is. I feel this adventure will be good for her. What I heard from bilbo her mother is very nice to everyone including her, so I can't imagine what's wrong." I sighed and went to go back to sleep.