Chapter 28: Family Allies and armies

Katiea POV

We all sat quietly, Thorin had gone elsewhere but told me to stay with the company, though I decided to wander instead...I was restless...all this talk of war had my head spinning. I noticed that Balin and Dwalin where elsewhere...I decided to go find them. I traveled down the various staircases and tunnels until I stopped hearing Thorins voice. "It's here in these halls...I know it." He said. "We have searched, and searched." Dwalin said in an exhausted tone. I snuck down a path that led behind the throne, I didn't dare look around yet. "Not well enough!" Thorin snapped. "Thorin, we all would see the stone returned!" Dwalin said. "And yet, it's still not FOUND!!" Thorin yelled. I flinched back at his brutal tone. "Do you...doubt the loyalty of anyone here?" Balin asked. I peaked around the throne slightly to see Thorins back to me. "The Arkenstone is the birthright of our people." Balin said. "It is the Kings jewel..." Thorin said. "AM I NOT THE KING?!?!" Thorin bellowed furiously. I covered my ears as it echoed loudly. 'What is this stone...this place doing to him?!' I thought. I peaked around the other side of the throne and noticed Bilbo standing there quietly. His face looked disturbed though. "Know this - If anyone should find it and withhold it from me, I will be avenged." Thorin said in a dark tone. Before I heard anymore I ran back down the pathway, "Katiea?" I heard Thorins voice ask, however I kept running, "SERAPHINE!!!" I heard him yell. I stopped. "Y-yes?" I asked turning. I believe I told you to stay with the company." He said coming towards me angrily. "Yeah...um...I wandered." I said scratching my head. "I told you not too! How dare you disobey your king!" He said. I was about to apologize when something caught my mind. "Uh, wait hold on. Your not my king though..." I said. "What?" He asked lowly. "Thorin, I am a Queen, of my own kingdom. I answer to no King as of right now." I said crossing my arms. I saw his eyes darken, "you are not a queen yet my love. You have yet to have a coordination." He said. "Uh, nether have you!!" I said. "I was dubbed the King under the mountain long ago my dear." He said. I rolled my eyes, "That doesn't make me any less of a queen!" I said. "You are nothing but a princess right now, your word against a kings is not much my dear." He said with a small grin coming towards me. I glared at him, I huffed and turned away. "So my word doesn't mean anything to you?" I asked. "N-no! Of course it does!" He said. I laughed and shook my head before walking down the hall. "Think of your words before you speak Thorin. Like when you yell at the ones who hold loyalty to you." I said before leaving the massive throne room. As soon as I was out of sight I growled irritated. I shook my head, "I'm a queen....I know I am!! Just cause I'm not "technically" a queen doesn't mean I'm not one." I said. I stuttered and confused myself for a moment then huffed. "I'm a queen." I muttered storming out onto the balcony of the gate. There...I saw an interesting sight. "Bilbo! What are you doing?!" I said seeing him beginning to sneak down the rope again. "Shh!!!! Keep it down...I'm going to see Thranduil." He said. I sighed and looked behind me before back to him. "I'm coming with you." I said running to him. He didn't argue. He slid down the rope, I quickly followed. We ran across the land following the hobbit close behind. We snuck back into Dale and searched for Thranduil and Bard. We stopped hearing Gandalf speak, "You, Bowman! Do you agree with this? Is gold so important to you? Would you buy it with the blood of dwarves?!" He asked. "It will not come to that. This is a fight they cannot win." We heard Bard say. My eyes widened and I ran out. "That won't stop them!" I said gaining their attention. "You think the dwarves will surrender they won't! They will do anything to protect their own!" I said. Gandalf smiled at me, "Seraphine Eithne." Gandalf said. I was stunned he knew my actual name...however I decided not to question it. I began to speak again until Thranduil came into view, "did you just say Seraphine...Eithne?" He said. "Y-yes....that is me...we met before." I said. "Daughter of Doughall and Claudia Eithne?" He asked wideyed. "How...do you know my parents?" I asked. "The kingdom of Astarot and Mirkwood used to be strong trading and battle allies." He said. My eyes widened, " Wait...if you where allies with my parents...if I'm left as queen...does that make us allies?" I asked. Thranduil looked down at me, "I remember when you where a child before you where sent away." He said. "Wait your a queen?!" Bard asked. I nodded hit before I could speak again Bilbo spoke up, "ah, the one who stole the keys to my dungeon." He said. "Yes...once again...sorry about that." Bilbo said, I grinned. "I came to give you this." He said looking at Bard and Thranduil. I looked at Bilbo confused as he pulled something out of his coat. He set it on the table before unwrapping it. My eyes widened. "B-bilbo! Is that the Arkenstone?!" I asked. "The heart of the mountain..." Thranduil whispered. "And worth a kings ransom. How is this yours to give?" Bard asked. I sighed, "yeah Bilbo, how is this yours to give?" I asked. "I took it...as my fourteenth share of the treasure." Bilbo said. "What we got shares?!" I asked, "you got the actual King." Bilbo said, I bit my thumb nail, "oh yeah, I did didn't I." I said. "Why would you do this? You owe us no loyalty." Bard said. "I'm not doing it for you. I know that dwarves can be obstinate and pigheaded and difficult, suspicious and secretive...with the worst manners you can possibly imagine, but they also brave and kind...and loyal to a fault. I've grown very fond of them, and I would save them if I can." He said. I grinned at him, "yes...I will do all I can to help them as well...he is my fiancé after all." I said. "Thorin values this stone above all else," bilbo said. I coughed. "B-besides Katiea...however In exchange for its return, I believe he will give you what you are owed. There will be no need for war!" Bilbo said. "Oh mahal...Bilbo...are you sure this will work?" I asked. He shook his head, "no...but I'm hoping it will." He said.

I followed Bilbo and Gandalf out of the tent, only to me stopped by Thranduil. "Seraphine, a word." He said. I turned and nodded going back. "You can call me Katiea if you wish." I said. "I do not, however...I imagine...are you preparing your soldiers for battle?" He asked. My eyes widened, "to be quite honest I only found out about my kingdom and the whole royalty thing a little while ago...I never thought about having an army." I said looking down, only for Thranduil to lift my chin with his finger. "Seraphine, your kingdom holds the greatest warriors known to middle earth, even mine do not hold a candle to Astarot." He said. I looked at him and felt a blush across my cheeks. "R-really?" I asked. He nodded, "if I where you, I would prepare myself. Ether side you choose to fight with...they are sure to be victorious." Thranduil said. I nodded quickly and stood. "I must be going..." I said before running out of the tent. I realized Bilbo was nowhere to be seen, I dismissed it and ran out of Dale and towards the mountain.

After I reached the halfway to the mountain, I was lifted from the ground. I shrieked and realized there was a reptile like tail wrapped around my waist. I squinted through the dark sky and saw my black dragon. "Damien!!!" I said smiling. "Hello my lady." He said tossing me into the air above him, letting me land on his back. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Taking you home, an army needs their queen to lead them to battle do they not?" He asked. "My...my army?" I asked. "Yes, we have been preparing, as well as preparing your armor." He said. My eyes widened, this was all becoming so real. I looked back and saw the lonely mountain behind me. "Thorin is going to be furious when he finds out I'm gone..." I whispered.

****

LONG TIME NO SEE!!!! I apologize for my delay on updating this story! I just haven't really gotten around to it! However I will be updating it more often like I was before I sorta just...stopped. I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

Melody_Claw1~