Chapter 28

A month. It had been a whole month since Amelia was here. She looked down at her small bump, luckily if somebody didn't know she was pregnant they wouldn't notice it.

She's never seen Amanda again since the day she got here. She was worried about herself, nobody had come to her rescue. She tried to optimistic that somebody would come but now she just hoped that her baby was going to be okay.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Amanda's boyfriend who she found out was named Miguel.

"You fucking bitch. What has your boyfriend done to my baby?"

He said and landed a punch on her face. That was the routine, every day he would come there and accuse her of taking Amanda away. She let out a psychotic laugh.

"They are going to kill you all."

She said in between her laughter.

"No one's coming sweetheart."

He said and winked. Her smile however didn't drop. Before Miguel came in a guard came by, he was sent by the guys to tell her that they are coming. Gunshots were heard and Amelia laughed again.

"They are already here."

She said and shrugged. Miguel had an enraged expression on his face.

"Tik tok dragă (sweetheart) , the clock is ticking."

When she said that the door broke down and Leonardo appeared with some of his men, guns blazing. Miguel grabbed Amelia and pointed his gun at her.

"One step closer, Ferrari and I shoot your precious diamond."

He threatened and Amelia rolled her eyes. She might couldn't have escaped but she still knew how to fight. She nodded at Leonardo, silenty telling him to occupy Miguel.

"We have Amanda if you let Amelia go we will return her immediately."

Leonardo said which Amelia knew was a lie.

"Really?"

Miguel said his eyes shining which made Amelia feel bad. She elbowed his stomach when he loosened his grip a bit. Before he could move she was on top of him landing punches until he passed out. She took a deep breath and got up, her eyes locked with Leonardo's.

She ran and jumped on him. She started crying as he held her as close as possible. Leonardo's eyes even watered a bit. He finally had her in his arms, he wouldn't have been able to live without her. His salvation, the one that makes him sane, the person he would die and live for.

Amelia's crying never slowed down. She just needed him with her, the love of her life, the father of her future child, she missed his presence his touch, his smell, his everything. He was everything to her, she remembered Leonardo's parents' vows. She felt as if not even death could them apart.

"Amelia, I love you so much."

He whispered and Amelia kissed him passionately.

"Leonardo I never want to be away from you again."

She said and tears rolled down her face. He kissed her tears and stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"I promise, Lia we will never be apart again."

He kissed again and she smiled.

"Come on Lia we need to take you and our little demon to get checked out."

He whispered and Amelia looked at him surprised. 

"I know you're pregnant angelo (angel)."

"You aren't mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"Maybe you're not ready to be a dad."

"I'm not Amelia, but you are the love of my life and a symbol both of you and I is something I'm looking forward to. "

Amelia smiled at him again. He picked her up bridal style and carried her to the car. They drove to the hospital not letting anyone see her. After a lot of examinations Amelia was exhausted. She felt herself slip into a deep slumber.

"Leo shut up."

She heard the familiar voice of Lorenzo say.

"Just let us see her."

She heard Alessio's sweet voice say.

"Let her rest, guys Leo is right."

She heard Eduardo say.

"Guys."

The men heard her small voice say. All of them looked at her and she gave them a soft smile. They all ran to her, kissing her hands. Leonardo smiled at her and left the four best friends alone.

"How are you doing Meli?"

Lorenzo asked and kissed her hand again.

"I'm doing fine."

She said and gave him a sweet smile.

"And how's my little nephew doing?"

Eduardo asked and rubbed her stomach.

"You know guys it could be a little niece."

Alessio said. Amelia laughed at their silliness.

"Leo told us that we could take you home today, since you have no major damage."

Lorenzo said. Amelia smiled and rubbed her stomach. She was finally happy after a long time.

"Where is my daughter in law?"

She heard Valerio's gruff voice call out.

"Val, calm down honey."

She heard Katerina's voice. A giggle escaped her lips when the door burst open and the couple entered.

"Amelia, Солнечный свет (sunshine) , how are you my dear?"

Katerina said with a bright smile on her face. Eduardo's phone rang and he mentioned something about an emergency and all of them left. Amelia was now alone with Valerio and Katerina.

"Mia piccola tigre, posso parlare da sola con Amelia? (My little tiger, can I talk to Amelia, alone?)"

Valerio asked his wife. Amelia was confused since she never learned italian, her lessons with Leonardo never went as planned. Katerina nodded and left.

"We never really talked, the two of us."

Valerio began and Amelia smiled at him sweetly. 

"Just know that all of us are happy to have you in the family. You really mean a lot to both Leonardo and us. That's all I wanted to say."

"Thank you Mr. Ferarri it means a lot."

She said and smiled. When Valerio left, Leonardo came back inside.

"How about you change, angel and we go back home?"

He said and gave her a wink. She smiled and got up. Leonardo gave her some clothes when she got dressed, she passed a smile to Leonardo.

"Let's go home, Leo."