Chapter 32

The next day, they were finally back from the trip. However, Nanami decided to stay behind, and Kato didn't like the idea, so she has been sulking the whole day.

Right now, the five of them were walking in the Master Course when STARISH was in front of them.

"Rei-chan! Kotone! You're back from your trip." Ittoki beamed. However, QUARTET NIGHT held a serious look on their faces and continued walking.

"Haruka? Um, is Haruka not with you?" Aijima asked which made the girl sulked more and they continued walking.

When they just ignored and walked past them, it surprised STARISH.

"Um."

They stopped walking and Kurosaki started, "She's not coming back." This of course surprised the group.

"She's not coming back?" (Hijirikawa)

"Uh? What?" (Ittoki)

"What do you mean?" (Ichinose)

"You haven't been entered yet, have you?" Mikaze turned his head to look at them, who gasped.

"You won't be performing with us after all." said Camus.

"But we haven't given up." Shinomiya frowned.

"We'll be at the entry concert." Kurusu declared.

The group, except for Kato who had her back turned, just stared at them with a blank look before Kotobuki took something out of his coat and threw it towards STARISH which Ittoki had caught. "I wouldn't be so sure."

"What is this?"

"Our entry song. We wrote it with her and Kotone." said Kotobuki, which the latter sighed. "It's the greatest song."

"The greatest song..." (Jinguji)

"She's the one who said she didn't want to come back." When Mikaze said this, they couldn't believe it."

"Kotone, is that true?" Kurusu gritted his teeth but the girl didn't say anything.

"She's currently not feeling well now." Kurosaki said as he placed his hand on top of the aquamarine girl's head. "So she doesn't have to answer you."

"Why?" Aijima asked with a frown.

"You don't know?" Kotobuki chuckled. "If you don't, we might have to take her from you."

They gasped at this as they stared at their seniors who walked off, with Kato in tow who still held a frown.

When Kato finally reached back her room, she lay face down on her bed and let out an exhausted sigh.

"Please come back, Haru... They missed you." Kato mumbled when suddenly she thought of something and abruptly sat up.

"I thought I could straight away sleep when I came back but guess not." She said and started opening her laptop and did her work.

"Hopefully this will be done before STARISH came back from their interview..."

And just in time, she finished composing a song for them in less than 2 hours. She began to search for the seven of them and found them outside the Master Course staring at the sunset.

"Guys!"

"Kotone? I thought you weren't feeling well?" Hijirikawa said with worry laced in his tone.

"I'm not. Ran just said that because I was feeling down." She explained before walking towards them.

"Then what are you doing here?" Jinguji asked.