Chapter 1

*ring* *ring*

*ring* *ring*

"Good morning, Mother."

"Mou, Ko-chan! I told you no more formalities!" At the other end of the phone, a middle aged woman said. By the tone of her voice, you could hear the pout in her sentence.

"...Good morning... Mom..." The daughter said softly.

"Good morning, Ko-chan!" The mother beamed. "The entrance exam is today right?"

"Yes." Shimizu Kotone replied as she was walking towards Saotome Academy, where the exam is being held.

"Great! I wish you all the luck, Ko-chan!"

"Thank you, Mom."

"Mhmm!"

"...How have you been doing, Mom?" Shimizu asked while looking up at the sky. It was dark. From what the weather forecast said, it is going to snow soon.

"I've been doing great, Ko-chan! Your grandma and I miss you so much! Come visit us from time to time, okay? I know you're going to be busy these days."

"Yeah... Even though I don't want to..."

"Oh come on! It's a great chance, don't you think so?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right... Then I'll contact you some other time, Mom."

"Sure thing, Ko-chan! Good luck and take care! Bye!"

"Goodbye."

When the call ended, Shimizu let out a soft sigh. Her mother, Shimizu Aya, was always a happy-go-lucky person.

While walking towards the academy, she saw a girl with short and reddish-orange hair comforting a girl who was crying, probably lost.

Well, at least someone is doing a good deed. Shimizu thought to herself before checking the time on her phone and quickly headed towards her destination.

Snow started to fall so she quickly pulled her hoodie over and pulled her mask

higher.

"Why is the academy so far from the apartment..." She mumbled in slight annoyance and continued with a fast pace.

Luckily, she wasn't late, or she will fail the exam and those two idols she met two months ago will be disappointed.

Her mother will be disappointed as well and would probably try to get her in the academy. No matter what.

Few minutes later, she saw the same girl by the gate catching her breath.

Ah, she's coming to take the exam as well? I could have helped the lost child and her then we can come here together. It would be faster.

However, the guards didn't let her enter beyond the gate, saying that being late is not how idols or composers are supposed to be.

Shimizu was frustrated by that and wanted to help the girl. But decided to stop at her tracks when she saw a bright red hair and similar eyes by the pink reddish hair girl who held an umbrella over her.

Aw, how sweet.

Even though she couldn't hear the conversation, she has a hunch that the male was trying to help persuade the guards to let her in. But it was no use.

She really wants to step in.

Just then, a black limousine drove through the entrance and someone with shoulder-length strawberry blond hair came out from the car.